Ozgul beaten by Antwi in Southern Area title clash
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney welterweight Siar Ozgul lost his Southern Area title fight against Samuel Antwi at York Hall on Friday.
The fight took place on a stacked MTK Global show, with Ozgul hoping to claim a strap he previously fought for in July last year, losing to Mikey Sakyi.
Ozgul and Antwi traded blows over 10 rounds, but it was the latter who won 98-93 on referee Lee Cook’s scorecard.
It was a disappointing loss for the 26-year-old, whose record now reads 15 wins and three defeats.
You may also want to watch:
The Hackney boxer will hope for a quick return to the ring so as to get back to winning ways in a timely manner.
Former Lion middleweight Billy Underwood was also due for action on the card, but his bout was cancelled owing to injury.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
It was a blow for the 22-year-old who had been looking for a third win as a professional.
Underwood will hope to quickly bounce back from his injury woe to get back in the thick of the action as soon as possible.