Ozgul beaten by Antwi in Southern Area title clash
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney welterweight Siar Ozgul lost his Southern Area title fight against Samuel Antwi at York Hall on Friday.
The fight took place on a stacked MTK Global show, with Ozgul hoping to claim a strap he previously fought for in July last year, losing to Mikey Sakyi.
Ozgul and Antwi traded blows over 10 rounds, but it was the latter who won 98-93 on referee Lee Cook’s scorecard.
It was a disappointing loss for the 26-year-old, whose record now reads 15 wins and three defeats.
You may also want to watch:
The Hackney boxer will hope for a quick return to the ring so as to get back to winning ways in a timely manner.
Former Lion middleweight Billy Underwood was also due for action on the card, but his bout was cancelled owing to injury.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
It was a blow for the 22-year-old who had been looking for a third win as a professional.
Underwood will hope to quickly bounce back from his injury woe to get back in the thick of the action as soon as possible.