Ozgul beaten by Antwi in Southern Area title clash
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney welterweight Siar Ozgul lost his Southern Area title fight against Samuel Antwi at York Hall on Friday.
The fight took place on a stacked MTK Global show, with Ozgul hoping to claim a strap he previously fought for in July last year, losing to Mikey Sakyi.
Ozgul and Antwi traded blows over 10 rounds, but it was the latter who won 98-93 on referee Lee Cook’s scorecard.
It was a disappointing loss for the 26-year-old, whose record now reads 15 wins and three defeats.
You may also want to watch:
The Hackney boxer will hope for a quick return to the ring so as to get back to winning ways in a timely manner.
Former Lion middleweight Billy Underwood was also due for action on the card, but his bout was cancelled owing to injury.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
It was a blow for the 22-year-old who had been looking for a third win as a professional.
Underwood will hope to quickly bounce back from his injury woe to get back in the thick of the action as soon as possible.