Ozgul returns to winning ways with success over Adaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul collected a 15th victory as a professional with a points success over Chris Adaway at York Hall on Friday night.
The 26-year-old was competing on an MTK Global show at the iconic east London venue on a bill headlined by the WBO European welterweight title between Paddy Gallagher and Freddy Kiwitt.
Ozgul started brightly and had Adaway on the back foot from the early exchanges as the Hackney man looked keen to hammer home his advantage.
The super lightweight continued to impress and eventually won the bout with referee Lee Cook scoring it 80-73 in Ozgul’s favour.
You may also want to watch:
Also in action on the card was former Lion amateur Billy Underwood, who was competing for the first time in over two years.
After making his debut in February 2017, injuries had prevented the 21-year-old from competing again until Friday.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
Underwood enjoyed a winning return to the ring as he beat middleweight rival Bryn Wain on points.