Ozgul returns to winning ways with success over Adaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul collected a 15th victory as a professional with a points success over Chris Adaway at York Hall on Friday night.
The 26-year-old was competing on an MTK Global show at the iconic east London venue on a bill headlined by the WBO European welterweight title between Paddy Gallagher and Freddy Kiwitt.
Ozgul started brightly and had Adaway on the back foot from the early exchanges as the Hackney man looked keen to hammer home his advantage.
The super lightweight continued to impress and eventually won the bout with referee Lee Cook scoring it 80-73 in Ozgul’s favour.
You may also want to watch:
Also in action on the card was former Lion amateur Billy Underwood, who was competing for the first time in over two years.
After making his debut in February 2017, injuries had prevented the 21-year-old from competing again until Friday.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
Underwood enjoyed a winning return to the ring as he beat middleweight rival Bryn Wain on points.