Ozgul returns to winning ways with success over Adaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul collected a 15th victory as a professional with a points success over Chris Adaway at York Hall on Friday night.
The 26-year-old was competing on an MTK Global show at the iconic east London venue on a bill headlined by the WBO European welterweight title between Paddy Gallagher and Freddy Kiwitt.
Ozgul started brightly and had Adaway on the back foot from the early exchanges as the Hackney man looked keen to hammer home his advantage.
The super lightweight continued to impress and eventually won the bout with referee Lee Cook scoring it 80-73 in Ozgul’s favour.
You may also want to watch:
Also in action on the card was former Lion amateur Billy Underwood, who was competing for the first time in over two years.
After making his debut in February 2017, injuries had prevented the 21-year-old from competing again until Friday.
- 1 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 2 Fatal Gillett Square shooting shines spotlight on crime hotspot
- 3 Patrick Anzy: Two arrests in Dalston fatal shooting investigation
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Pub managers in Hackney tell how life is since lockdown eased
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Hackney's Miss London makes it to Miss England final
- 8 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 9 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 10 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
Underwood enjoyed a winning return to the ring as he beat middleweight rival Bryn Wain on points.