Ozgul returns to winning ways with success over Adaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul collected a 15th victory as a professional with a points success over Chris Adaway at York Hall on Friday night.
The 26-year-old was competing on an MTK Global show at the iconic east London venue on a bill headlined by the WBO European welterweight title between Paddy Gallagher and Freddy Kiwitt.
Ozgul started brightly and had Adaway on the back foot from the early exchanges as the Hackney man looked keen to hammer home his advantage.
The super lightweight continued to impress and eventually won the bout with referee Lee Cook scoring it 80-73 in Ozgul’s favour.
You may also want to watch:
Also in action on the card was former Lion amateur Billy Underwood, who was competing for the first time in over two years.
After making his debut in February 2017, injuries had prevented the 21-year-old from competing again until Friday.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
Underwood enjoyed a winning return to the ring as he beat middleweight rival Bryn Wain on points.