Former Pedro amateur Ozturk to make debut against Warburton
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Former Pedro amateur Celal Ozturk will make his debut in the professional ranks at York Hall on Saturday.
The Hackney lad will take on fellow debutant Gerome Warburton in a super welterweight clash on a British Warrior show this weekend.
Ozturk is the first boxer from the Pedro club, which was formed in 2009, to turn professional.
The 23-year-old is trained by James Cook, a former British and European champion at super middleweight, and will be managed by Mo Prior.
You may also want to watch:
Ozturk is not the only fighter with links to Hackney in action as ex-Lion amateur Louis Isaacs also competes on a pakced bill.
The super lightweight is unbeaten in four bouts since turning professional and will be looking for win number five against Cardiff’s Rhys Saunders this weekend.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
Isaacs was last in action in December when he beat Jamie Quinn on points in an absorbing four-round contest, also at York Hall.