Former Pedro amateur Ozturk to make debut against Warburton
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Former Pedro amateur Celal Ozturk will make his debut in the professional ranks at York Hall on Saturday.
The Hackney lad will take on fellow debutant Gerome Warburton in a super welterweight clash on a British Warrior show this weekend.
Ozturk is the first boxer from the Pedro club, which was formed in 2009, to turn professional.
The 23-year-old is trained by James Cook, a former British and European champion at super middleweight, and will be managed by Mo Prior.
You may also want to watch:
Ozturk is not the only fighter with links to Hackney in action as ex-Lion amateur Louis Isaacs also competes on a pakced bill.
The super lightweight is unbeaten in four bouts since turning professional and will be looking for win number five against Cardiff’s Rhys Saunders this weekend.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
Isaacs was last in action in December when he beat Jamie Quinn on points in an absorbing four-round contest, also at York Hall.