Former Pedro amateur Ozturk to make debut against Warburton
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Former Pedro amateur Celal Ozturk will make his debut in the professional ranks at York Hall on Saturday.
The Hackney lad will take on fellow debutant Gerome Warburton in a super welterweight clash on a British Warrior show this weekend.
Ozturk is the first boxer from the Pedro club, which was formed in 2009, to turn professional.
The 23-year-old is trained by James Cook, a former British and European champion at super middleweight, and will be managed by Mo Prior.
You may also want to watch:
Ozturk is not the only fighter with links to Hackney in action as ex-Lion amateur Louis Isaacs also competes on a pakced bill.
The super lightweight is unbeaten in four bouts since turning professional and will be looking for win number five against Cardiff’s Rhys Saunders this weekend.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 9 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
Isaacs was last in action in December when he beat Jamie Quinn on points in an absorbing four-round contest, also at York Hall.