Pedro gearing up for annual summer open air show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
The Pedro Boxing Club in Lower Clapton will host their annual summer open air show on June 1 at their base in Rushmore Road.
The boxing club was formed in 2009 and next month's event will be the eighth running of the show.
Pedro Youth Club itself has been a pillar of the community since 1929 and even had film stars Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton became involved in the 1960s.
The club does not receive any money from the government and has to rely solely on donations to survive.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the boxing club, Pedro also run football teams, including an under-12 side who have just won their league.
The show on June 1 gets underway at 2pm and will feature a host of the boxing club's brightest young talents.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for under-16s and it is expected plenty of former world, European and British champions will be in attendance for punters to get a picture with.