Pedro gearing up for annual summer open air show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
The Pedro Boxing Club in Lower Clapton will host their annual summer open air show on June 1 at their base in Rushmore Road.
The boxing club was formed in 2009 and next month's event will be the eighth running of the show.
Pedro Youth Club itself has been a pillar of the community since 1929 and even had film stars Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton became involved in the 1960s.
The club does not receive any money from the government and has to rely solely on donations to survive.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the boxing club, Pedro also run football teams, including an under-12 side who have just won their league.
The show on June 1 gets underway at 2pm and will feature a host of the boxing club's brightest young talents.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for under-16s and it is expected plenty of former world, European and British champions will be in attendance for punters to get a picture with.