Pedro gearing up for annual summer open air show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
The Pedro Boxing Club in Lower Clapton will host their annual summer open air show on June 1 at their base in Rushmore Road.
The boxing club was formed in 2009 and next month's event will be the eighth running of the show.
Pedro Youth Club itself has been a pillar of the community since 1929 and even had film stars Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton became involved in the 1960s.
The club does not receive any money from the government and has to rely solely on donations to survive.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the boxing club, Pedro also run football teams, including an under-12 side who have just won their league.
The show on June 1 gets underway at 2pm and will feature a host of the boxing club's brightest young talents.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for under-16s and it is expected plenty of former world, European and British champions will be in attendance for punters to get a picture with.