Pool: New league season gets underway
- Credit: Archant
The new Hackney Pool League season got underway with five matches on Wednesday night.
The competition is one of the longest established in the capital and covers pubs and clubs in the borough and other areas of north east London.
And week one produced 7-3 wins for Wheatsheaf, Woodberry Tavern, Legends and Dutch House, against Prince Edward, The Wheatie, Double Dutch and The Oaktree respectively.
The Manor were also celebrating an opening-night win as they beat The Yucatan by a 6-4 margin.
Week two’s fixtures see Wheatsheaf host Yucatan, Prince Edward entertain Dutch House, Double Dutch at home against Oaktree, Woodberry Tavern welcoming Manor and Wheatie travelling to take on Legends.
Matches will be played every Wednesday until mid-April (except for December 27), before cup and singles finals.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 3 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent