Pool: New league season gets underway
- Credit: Archant
The new Hackney Pool League season got underway with five matches on Wednesday night.
The competition is one of the longest established in the capital and covers pubs and clubs in the borough and other areas of north east London.
And week one produced 7-3 wins for Wheatsheaf, Woodberry Tavern, Legends and Dutch House, against Prince Edward, The Wheatie, Double Dutch and The Oaktree respectively.
The Manor were also celebrating an opening-night win as they beat The Yucatan by a 6-4 margin.
Week two’s fixtures see Wheatsheaf host Yucatan, Prince Edward entertain Dutch House, Double Dutch at home against Oaktree, Woodberry Tavern welcoming Manor and Wheatie travelling to take on Legends.
You may also want to watch:
Matches will be played every Wednesday until mid-April (except for December 27), before cup and singles finals.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop