Pool: New league season gets underway
- Credit: Archant
The new Hackney Pool League season got underway with five matches on Wednesday night.
The competition is one of the longest established in the capital and covers pubs and clubs in the borough and other areas of north east London.
And week one produced 7-3 wins for Wheatsheaf, Woodberry Tavern, Legends and Dutch House, against Prince Edward, The Wheatie, Double Dutch and The Oaktree respectively.
The Manor were also celebrating an opening-night win as they beat The Yucatan by a 6-4 margin.
Week two’s fixtures see Wheatsheaf host Yucatan, Prince Edward entertain Dutch House, Double Dutch at home against Oaktree, Woodberry Tavern welcoming Manor and Wheatie travelling to take on Legends.
You may also want to watch:
Matches will be played every Wednesday until mid-April (except for December 27), before cup and singles finals.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images