Pool: New league season gets underway
- Credit: Archant
The new Hackney Pool League season got underway with five matches on Wednesday night.
The competition is one of the longest established in the capital and covers pubs and clubs in the borough and other areas of north east London.
And week one produced 7-3 wins for Wheatsheaf, Woodberry Tavern, Legends and Dutch House, against Prince Edward, The Wheatie, Double Dutch and The Oaktree respectively.
The Manor were also celebrating an opening-night win as they beat The Yucatan by a 6-4 margin.
Week two’s fixtures see Wheatsheaf host Yucatan, Prince Edward entertain Dutch House, Double Dutch at home against Oaktree, Woodberry Tavern welcoming Manor and Wheatie travelling to take on Legends.
You may also want to watch:
Matches will be played every Wednesday until mid-April (except for December 27), before cup and singles finals.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school