Rangers' seconds ram nine past newcomers
East London Sunday League EAST Moore B stormed into round two of the London Junior Cup as they beat Real Wanstead 5-1 with goals provided by Matthew Wheeler, Richard Chriteson, Daniel St Louis, plus a brace from Ryan Anderson. There were shocks in the Pr
East London Sunday League
EAST Moore B stormed into round two of the London Junior Cup as they beat Real Wanstead 5-1 with goals provided by Matthew Wheeler, Richard Chriteson, Daniel St Louis, plus a brace from Ryan Anderson.
There were shocks in the Premier division this weekend, as S.K Veleciku saw off the challenge of Meath United by a 3-2 scoreline. Meanwhile Crownfield defeated Rolls Park in a thrilling 4-3 encounter to lift themselves up the table.
League newcomers Hench FC were taught a harsh lesson when they came up against an in-form Clapton Rangers side. Rangers took full advantage of their inexperience, securing a thumping 9-1win. Meanwhile Inter Lucia got their season off to flying start by beating Athletico Hackney 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, Arbour Athletic A squandered a 4-1 lead in a tense match against Hackney Downs B, who bravely fought back to earn a 5-5 draw.
East Moore A were comfortable winners over Tube Lines with goals coming from Dean Watson, Jesse Mason, plus a brace each from Ricky Fields and Nicky Davis.
- 1 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 2 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
Young Prince are at least showing signs of improvement as they registered their first goal of the season - but they still fell short against White Swan & Cuckoo, going down 4-1.
Concordia continued their fine start to the season as they beat Gevic Palace 5-2. East End United earned a good first point of the season by holding Arbour Athletic B, while Millwall Albion gave Byron six of the best by trouncing them 6-0 in a Tower Hamlets Derby. Springfield were unlucky to lose in a pulsating clash with Adriatiku, losing out by the odd goal in five.
Besiktas gave Acorn a wake-up call by beating them 6-0. Concordia fell short against top of the table William Fitt Youth Tigers by a 4-1 scoreline.
Stratford Juniors beat Royal Falcons 9-1 - but the result will be decided by a league committee meeting today (Thursday) after claims that Juniors fielded unregistered players in the fixture.
l This weekend sees the Jubilee Cup matches taking place. The competition first took place in the 1930/31 season and the whole league who takes part, with exception of the under-18 teams who compete in their own cup.