Razor-sharp Remington hits hat-trick as Birkbeck rout East London in cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Richard Remington rattled in a hat-trick as Division Three leaders Birkbeck Orient hammered East London 12-2 in the Dickie Davies Cup preliminary round.
Nilios Creany and Ryan Gray both scored twice, with Richard Critchlow, Mack Page, Johnny Millard and Jermaine Campbell also on target.
Joe Price netted both goals for East London.
Boston Akinbo and Maaz Hutfyn found the net for North London Muslims as they progressed to the next round with a 2-0 victory over Football Club 22.
Delta Athletic edged out Division Two side Bristow City 2-1 with goals from Ricki Hennessy and Gianpaolo Floris, while Pat Maxwell pulled one back for City.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four side Haggerston FC also beat higher league opposition as they triumphed 4-3 against Regent’s Park Rovers, despite Joe Hanmore’s hat-trick for the Division Three outfit.
In the Premier Division, Niva-Unistream remained third after their 3-2 win over Albion Manor, with R Zelenin netting all three Niva goals and Boniek Forbes and Guy Barker replying for Albion.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Dynamics FC held on to top spot in Division One despite their 4-2 defeat by FC Polit, with J Moore scoring twice and J Andrews and E Peace also on the scoresheet.
Sacha Prigg gave Shakespeare an early lead in their clash with Homerton FC, but Darryl Morson netted the equaliser before Lee Greenaway’s goal completed the turnaround.
Russell Hughes, Jerrel DaSilva and Jason Reid were on the scoresheet as Wounded Knee defeated Hackney 3-2, with Uwadia Okonye and Michael Herman replying.
Athletico Angels overturned a two-goal half-time deficit to beat Forest Athletic 6-3 in Division Two, with Ashley Green netting twice and Thomas James, Andrew Brockbank and Jeff Okram also on the mark. Aaron Johnson’s double and a Dwayne Sharron strike had earlier put Forest 3-1 up at the break.
Jay Cubed were also victorious, beating Angel & Crown 4-0 with goals from Scott Acquilna, Jason Horley, Asher Dallas and Jonathan Corbett.
In Division Three, FC Duchess overcame Bocca Albion 4-0 with Tony Bradley, Abraham Bello, Charlie Reid and Ricky Hanmore all finding the net, while City Fliers defeated Wenlock Arms 4-1.
Jason Skelton and Ricky Price both scored as Boston Celtic edged out Maynell FC 2-1 in their Division Four clash, with Pat Fitzpatrick on target for Maynell.
Daniel Little struck a hat-trick in Eastway Olympia’s 5-2 success against Leyton Orient Football Trust, with Jason Gardner and David O’Connell also scoring. Michael Coules and Rob Crane netted for Orient.