Sills shows her tennis skills to reach quarter-finals
Stoke Newington pupil made it through to last eight of Junior National Championships
Stoke Newington pupil Savannah Sills had a spectacular run in the tennis Junior National Championships in Bournemouth last week.
After making it through to the quarter finals, Sills was then knocked out after reaching the last eight.
During the competition, 13-year-old Sills beat a number of players including the current UK under-14 number one.
Sills’ greatest game came against Livvy Tomkins in the last 16, when she won a mammoth three-set battle 6-2, 5-7, 6-3.
You may also want to watch:
However, Sills lost 6-1, 6-4 in the quarter-finals to Emily Smith, who went on to reach the final.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images