Sills shows her tennis skills to reach quarter-finals
Stoke Newington pupil made it through to last eight of Junior National Championships
Stoke Newington pupil Savannah Sills had a spectacular run in the tennis Junior National Championships in Bournemouth last week.
After making it through to the quarter finals, Sills was then knocked out after reaching the last eight.
During the competition, 13-year-old Sills beat a number of players including the current UK under-14 number one.
Sills’ greatest game came against Livvy Tomkins in the last 16, when she won a mammoth three-set battle 6-2, 5-7, 6-3.
You may also want to watch:
However, Sills lost 6-1, 6-4 in the quarter-finals to Emily Smith, who went on to reach the final.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers