Sills shows her tennis skills to reach quarter-finals
Stoke Newington pupil made it through to last eight of Junior National Championships
Stoke Newington pupil Savannah Sills had a spectacular run in the tennis Junior National Championships in Bournemouth last week.
After making it through to the quarter finals, Sills was then knocked out after reaching the last eight.
During the competition, 13-year-old Sills beat a number of players including the current UK under-14 number one.
Sills’ greatest game came against Livvy Tomkins in the last 16, when she won a mammoth three-set battle 6-2, 5-7, 6-3.
You may also want to watch:
However, Sills lost 6-1, 6-4 in the quarter-finals to Emily Smith, who went on to reach the final.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction