Sporting Club de Mundial advance in FA Sunday Cup with seventh straight victory
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial recorded a 6-1 FA Sunday Cup victory over Old Southall in the first game of the competition to ever be hosted at Hackney Marshes.
Goals from Arron Wickham (3), Mohammed Hashim, Mathias Bakare and David Fallah were enough to send the Hackney & Leyton Sunday League side through in front of a 50-strong crowd.
Wickham struck a brace before half-time to send his side in at the break with a 2-0 lead.
Old Southall then received a red card in the second half before Wickham crossed to Hashim to make it three.
Wickham completed his hat-trick from the spot before goals from Bakare and Fallah sealed the win.
You may also want to watch:
They will now play Priory Sports of the Chelmsford Sunday League in the third round on Sunday, December 8.
It is the team's seventh straight victory since it was started in the summer through Mundial, a Hackney-based football and creative agency.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service