Sporting Club de Mundial advance in FA Sunday Cup with seventh straight victory
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial recorded a 6-1 FA Sunday Cup victory over Old Southall in the first game of the competition to ever be hosted at Hackney Marshes.
Goals from Arron Wickham (3), Mohammed Hashim, Mathias Bakare and David Fallah were enough to send the Hackney & Leyton Sunday League side through in front of a 50-strong crowd.
Wickham struck a brace before half-time to send his side in at the break with a 2-0 lead.
Old Southall then received a red card in the second half before Wickham crossed to Hashim to make it three.
Wickham completed his hat-trick from the spot before goals from Bakare and Fallah sealed the win.
You may also want to watch:
They will now play Priory Sports of the Chelmsford Sunday League in the third round on Sunday, December 8.
It is the team's seventh straight victory since it was started in the summer through Mundial, a Hackney-based football and creative agency.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia