Sporting Club de Mundial advance into last 16 of FA Sunday Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial (SCdM) advanced to the last 16 of the National FA Sunday Cup with a 2-0 victory over Chelmsford Sunday League champions Priory Sports.
SCdM were denied early in the game when Josh Oyibo's shot was blocked on the line but soon after, 25-year-old striker Jordan Chiedozie capitalised on a mistake to turn and finish from 20 yards out with an excellent drive.
Debutant Makhosini Khanye then slipped Chiedozie in to round the keeper and finish to score his fifth goal in two games and make it 2-0.
After the break, Priory came forward to no avail before Chiedozie was denied his hat-trick by a fine save.
Seye Okunlola was put through in the closing stages by an excellent crossfield pass from Mohammed Hashim for another chance to wrap up the game but could not extend the lead.
You may also want to watch:
The victory extends the club's winning streak to 11 games and their next game is against BG Club in the Hackney & Leyton SFL Premier Division.
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 7 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 8 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate