Sporting Club de Mundial advance into last 16 of FA Sunday Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial (SCdM) advanced to the last 16 of the National FA Sunday Cup with a 2-0 victory over Chelmsford Sunday League champions Priory Sports.
SCdM were denied early in the game when Josh Oyibo's shot was blocked on the line but soon after, 25-year-old striker Jordan Chiedozie capitalised on a mistake to turn and finish from 20 yards out with an excellent drive.
Debutant Makhosini Khanye then slipped Chiedozie in to round the keeper and finish to score his fifth goal in two games and make it 2-0.
After the break, Priory came forward to no avail before Chiedozie was denied his hat-trick by a fine save.
Seye Okunlola was put through in the closing stages by an excellent crossfield pass from Mohammed Hashim for another chance to wrap up the game but could not extend the lead.
You may also want to watch:
The victory extends the club's winning streak to 11 games and their next game is against BG Club in the Hackney & Leyton SFL Premier Division.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared