Sporting Club de Mundial continue unbeaten run in first season
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial continued their unbeaten start in the club’s inaugural season with a 7-0 victory over Tottenham Phoenix in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Premier Division.
Playing on Show Pitch Two at Hackney Marshes, returning Captain Greg Moorse - who had missed the previous two games with a groin injury - opened the scoring from the spot after five minutes.
Dave Stevens added a second with a superb 25-yard strike before Moorse notched his eighth goal of the season, calmly slotting home from Daniel McCullcok's cross from the left.
Winger Shameek Farrell continued his great form, scoring a goal either side of the half before substitute Seye Okunlola came off the bench to wrap up the scoring with a late brace himself.
Next up for Mundial is FC Niva who are currently leading the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
The match will be played at Hackney Marshes on Sunday and will be a 10:30am kick-off.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London