Sporting Club de Mundial continue unbeaten run in first season
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial continued their unbeaten start in the club’s inaugural season with a 7-0 victory over Tottenham Phoenix in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Premier Division.
Playing on Show Pitch Two at Hackney Marshes, returning Captain Greg Moorse - who had missed the previous two games with a groin injury - opened the scoring from the spot after five minutes.
Dave Stevens added a second with a superb 25-yard strike before Moorse notched his eighth goal of the season, calmly slotting home from Daniel McCullcok's cross from the left.
Winger Shameek Farrell continued his great form, scoring a goal either side of the half before substitute Seye Okunlola came off the bench to wrap up the scoring with a late brace himself.
Next up for Mundial is FC Niva who are currently leading the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
The match will be played at Hackney Marshes on Sunday and will be a 10:30am kick-off.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse