Sporting Club de Mundial continue unbeaten run in first season
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial continued their unbeaten start in the club’s inaugural season with a 7-0 victory over Tottenham Phoenix in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Premier Division.
Playing on Show Pitch Two at Hackney Marshes, returning Captain Greg Moorse - who had missed the previous two games with a groin injury - opened the scoring from the spot after five minutes.
Dave Stevens added a second with a superb 25-yard strike before Moorse notched his eighth goal of the season, calmly slotting home from Daniel McCullcok's cross from the left.
Winger Shameek Farrell continued his great form, scoring a goal either side of the half before substitute Seye Okunlola came off the bench to wrap up the scoring with a late brace himself.
Next up for Mundial is FC Niva who are currently leading the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
The match will be played at Hackney Marshes on Sunday and will be a 10:30am kick-off.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV