Sporting Club de Mundial get back to winning ways in league
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial returned to winning ways in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League with a 5-0 victory over Power Red.
Returning captain Greg Moorse opened the scoring after 20 minutes, heading home his 15th goal of the season.
The 28-year-old striker made it 2-0 minutes later as he fired low past the goalkeeper after some good work from Josh Oyibo.
After the break, Sivi Bao scored his first goal of the season with a powerful run and finish which began from inside his own half.
Substitute David Fallah completed the scoring with a classy brace in the final 20 minutes, both created by himself down the left.
You may also want to watch:
The victory wraps up a fine week for the Hackney-based club after achieving FA Charter Standard status earlier in the week, something manager Alan Bond says is a great early milestone.
'The accreditation from the FA helps us grow and take confidence in the great commitment by everyone involved in the club so far,' he said.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Three arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed