Sporting Club de Mundial get back to winning ways in league
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial returned to winning ways in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League with a 5-0 victory over Power Red.
Returning captain Greg Moorse opened the scoring after 20 minutes, heading home his 15th goal of the season.
The 28-year-old striker made it 2-0 minutes later as he fired low past the goalkeeper after some good work from Josh Oyibo.
After the break, Sivi Bao scored his first goal of the season with a powerful run and finish which began from inside his own half.
Substitute David Fallah completed the scoring with a classy brace in the final 20 minutes, both created by himself down the left.
You may also want to watch:
The victory wraps up a fine week for the Hackney-based club after achieving FA Charter Standard status earlier in the week, something manager Alan Bond says is a great early milestone.
'The accreditation from the FA helps us grow and take confidence in the great commitment by everyone involved in the club so far,' he said.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways