Sporting Club de Mundial get back to winning ways in league
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial returned to winning ways in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League with a 5-0 victory over Power Red.
Returning captain Greg Moorse opened the scoring after 20 minutes, heading home his 15th goal of the season.
The 28-year-old striker made it 2-0 minutes later as he fired low past the goalkeeper after some good work from Josh Oyibo.
After the break, Sivi Bao scored his first goal of the season with a powerful run and finish which began from inside his own half.
Substitute David Fallah completed the scoring with a classy brace in the final 20 minutes, both created by himself down the left.
You may also want to watch:
The victory wraps up a fine week for the Hackney-based club after achieving FA Charter Standard status earlier in the week, something manager Alan Bond says is a great early milestone.
'The accreditation from the FA helps us grow and take confidence in the great commitment by everyone involved in the club so far,' he said.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 6 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 7 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 8 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate