Sporting Club de Mundial have front three to thank for convincing victory
- Credit: Getty Images
Goals from front three Greg Moorse, Shameek Farrell and David Fallah inspired Sporting Club de Mundial (SCdM) to a 4-2 victory over FC Nyva in the Hackney & Leyton SFL Premier Division.
Nyva were made to rue some missed opportunities when Fallah, making his first start for the club, was brought down inside the box before Moorse converted the spot-kick.
Five minutes before the break and it was 2-0 when Fallah crossed to Farrell who tapped into an empty net.
Farrell returned the favour by crossing for Fallah to strike home under the keeper from eight yards out in the second half.
Roman Virstiuk pulled one back for Nyva with a fantastic low drive before Dave Stevens' heavily deflected header restored the three-goal advantage for SCdM.
You may also want to watch:
Tolik Gostiuk reduced the deficit once more but Mundial were able to hang on.
SCdM now travel to Norman Park to face FC United of Bromley in the London Sunday Junior Cup fourth round.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown