Sporting Club de Mundial’s winning streak ends with defeat in FA Sunday Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial’s 14-match winning streak was brought to a disappointing end on Sunday as they were narrowly beaten by St. Joseph’s of Luton in the last 16 of the FA Sunday Cup.
St Joseph's took the lead on 25 minutes after Josh Oyibo had shot straight at the goalkeeper at the other end.
Minutes later however, Ruaridh Kay sprayed a great pass out to David Fallah on the left who cut across goal before firing low into the corner from 20 yards out to level the tie.
But they missed a golden chance when Kay's close range effort was blocked and the midfielder fired the rebound over from just a few yards out.
The match looked like it was heading to extra time before a pinpoint cross was met by a looping header from the St. Joseph's substitute and past James Shaw in the Mundial goal.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Alan Bond said: "It's really tough to take. This is a cup I really believed we could win with this group of players and I hope it's not the last time I manage them in a national competition."
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors