Sporting Club de Mundial’s winning streak ends with defeat in FA Sunday Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial’s 14-match winning streak was brought to a disappointing end on Sunday as they were narrowly beaten by St. Joseph’s of Luton in the last 16 of the FA Sunday Cup.
St Joseph's took the lead on 25 minutes after Josh Oyibo had shot straight at the goalkeeper at the other end.
Minutes later however, Ruaridh Kay sprayed a great pass out to David Fallah on the left who cut across goal before firing low into the corner from 20 yards out to level the tie.
But they missed a golden chance when Kay's close range effort was blocked and the midfielder fired the rebound over from just a few yards out.
The match looked like it was heading to extra time before a pinpoint cross was met by a looping header from the St. Joseph's substitute and past James Shaw in the Mundial goal.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Alan Bond said: "It's really tough to take. This is a cup I really believed we could win with this group of players and I hope it's not the last time I manage them in a national competition."
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack