Sporting Club de Mundial secure 12th consecutive win with victory over BG Club
- Credit: Archant
Second half goals from David Fallah, Greg Moorse and Shameek Farrell helped to make it 12 wins out of 12 for Sporting Club de Mundial as they beat BG Club 4-1 in the Hackney & Leyton SFL Premier Division on Sunday.
Josep Estol, returning to the side from injury, opened the scoring by heading home a Greg Moorse free-kick.
David Fallah continued his impressive form by scoring his fifth goal in six games from close range before winning a penalty.
After a delay to take the spot-kick, Greg Moorse's effort was saved.
Soon after, Shameek Farrell was felled in the box and Moorse made no mistake the second time around to score his 12th goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
BG Club pulled one back before Farrell finished with a low drive to get his eighth of the season and put the game beyond doubt.
Alan Bond, head of football, said: "It's been a great opening for us results wise. It is a fantastic group of players and we want them to be role models for the next generation."
- 1 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 2 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?