Sporting Club de Mundial start year with 8-1 victory
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Club de Mundial began the year with an 8-1 victory over Hackney Downs in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League to move up to second in the Premier Division.
David Fallah opened the scoring, grabbing his sixth of the season after 15 minutes with a calm finish inside the box before Dave Stevens doubled the lead minutes later from 20 yards.
Seye Okunlola grabbed two soon after to make it 4-0 at the break and completed his hat-trick from the spot minutes into the second half, with Shameek Farrell on hand to add a fifth after a well-worked corner.
Okunlola was to steal the show however, taking his tally to five goals for the morning with two great finishes before the end of the game.
Reece Twumosi notched a consolation for Hackney Downs in the final stages of the game, but SCdM's winning streak was comfortably extended to 13 games.
You may also want to watch:
Up next is a Dickie Davies Cup third tound tie against fellow Premier Division outfit Top Red at Hackney Marshes on Sunday at 10.30am.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted