Sporting Hackney hammer Hounslow reserves to clinch first league win
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Hackney claimed their first win of the new Middlesex County League Premier Division season with an emphatic 6-0 victory over CB Hounslow Reserves on the Marshes showpitch.
Roman Caban, Olajide Yusuff, Simon Carrasco and Liam O’Hara gave the Parrots an insurmountable lead at half-time, which was extended by a second from O’Hara and a late sixth from Stephen Jacks.
Manager Geoff Gaviria picked a youthful side and it paid dividends, with debutant Ruben Alves excelling at right-back. But it was the experienced Caban who began the goal rush when he slotted home after just 90 seconds.
Within 10 minutes he was joined on the scoresheet by Yusuff and the returning Carrasco, who terrorised the Hounslow defence in tandem all afternoon.
O’Hara joined in the fun on 23 minutes, with the centre-half doubling his account for the season when he rose to meet Caban’s lethal cross at the far post shortly after the interval.
You may also want to watch:
The fitness levels of captain Harry Murphy and Justin Robson continued to impress as Gaviria urged his players to keep attacking.
Jacks, Sam Edwards and a second debutant, Alessandro di Stasi, entered the fray, and it was the latter who set up Jacks to neatly tap in and complete the scoring.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
Gaviria said: “Finishing with six goals and a clean sheet for keeper Nick Brown is just the fillip we need. The Parrots will be looking to climb the table in the coming weeks. Watch this space!”
Sporting Hackney: Brown, Alves, Murphy, O’Hara, Jones, Robson, Caban, Agbosasa, Yusuff, Ukwunnah, Carrasco. Subs: Di Stasi, Jacks, Edwards, Meggie.