Spurs six in England squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
England manager Gareth Southgate has named six Tottenham Hotspur players in his squad for friendlies against Germany and Brazil next week.
Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Harry kane, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier and Harry Winks are all included in the 25-man group, making Spurs the most represented club.
But Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott have both been left out, as Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace) and Tammy Abraham (Swansea) all get their first senior call-ups.
England host Germany at Wembley on Friday November 10 and Brazil on Tuesday November 14, having booked their place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia with an unbeaten record in qualifying.
Kane netted from the penalty spot in their 1-0 win in Lithuania last month, having scored an injury-time winner against Slovenia at Wembley a few days earlier.
You may also want to watch:
That took his England goal tally to 12 in 23 appearaces for the national side.
Squad: Abraham, Alli, Bertrand, Butland, Cahill, Delph, Dier, Gomez, Hart, Henderson, Jones, Kane, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek, Maguire, Pickford, Rashford, Rose, Sterling, Stones, Trippier, Vardy, Walker, Winks, Young.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack