Spurs six in England squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
England manager Gareth Southgate has named six Tottenham Hotspur players in his squad for friendlies against Germany and Brazil next week.
Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Harry kane, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier and Harry Winks are all included in the 25-man group, making Spurs the most represented club.
But Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott have both been left out, as Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace) and Tammy Abraham (Swansea) all get their first senior call-ups.
England host Germany at Wembley on Friday November 10 and Brazil on Tuesday November 14, having booked their place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia with an unbeaten record in qualifying.
Kane netted from the penalty spot in their 1-0 win in Lithuania last month, having scored an injury-time winner against Slovenia at Wembley a few days earlier.
You may also want to watch:
That took his England goal tally to 12 in 23 appearaces for the national side.
Squad: Abraham, Alli, Bertrand, Butland, Cahill, Delph, Dier, Gomez, Hart, Henderson, Jones, Kane, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek, Maguire, Pickford, Rashford, Rose, Sterling, Stones, Trippier, Vardy, Walker, Winks, Young.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside