Spurs six in England squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
England manager Gareth Southgate has named six Tottenham Hotspur players in his squad for friendlies against Germany and Brazil next week.
Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Harry kane, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier and Harry Winks are all included in the 25-man group, making Spurs the most represented club.
But Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott have both been left out, as Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace) and Tammy Abraham (Swansea) all get their first senior call-ups.
England host Germany at Wembley on Friday November 10 and Brazil on Tuesday November 14, having booked their place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia with an unbeaten record in qualifying.
Kane netted from the penalty spot in their 1-0 win in Lithuania last month, having scored an injury-time winner against Slovenia at Wembley a few days earlier.
You may also want to watch:
That took his England goal tally to 12 in 23 appearaces for the national side.
Squad: Abraham, Alli, Bertrand, Butland, Cahill, Delph, Dier, Gomez, Hart, Henderson, Jones, Kane, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek, Maguire, Pickford, Rashford, Rose, Sterling, Stones, Trippier, Vardy, Walker, Winks, Young.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes