Spurs six in England squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
England manager Gareth Southgate has named six Tottenham Hotspur players in his squad for friendlies against Germany and Brazil next week.
Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Harry kane, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier and Harry Winks are all included in the 25-man group, making Spurs the most represented club.
But Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott have both been left out, as Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace) and Tammy Abraham (Swansea) all get their first senior call-ups.
England host Germany at Wembley on Friday November 10 and Brazil on Tuesday November 14, having booked their place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia with an unbeaten record in qualifying.
Kane netted from the penalty spot in their 1-0 win in Lithuania last month, having scored an injury-time winner against Slovenia at Wembley a few days earlier.
That took his England goal tally to 12 in 23 appearaces for the national side.
Squad: Abraham, Alli, Bertrand, Butland, Cahill, Delph, Dier, Gomez, Hart, Henderson, Jones, Kane, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek, Maguire, Pickford, Rashford, Rose, Sterling, Stones, Trippier, Vardy, Walker, Winks, Young.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon