Stormont House students claim national rowing titles
- Credit: Archant
The National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships took place at the Copper Box Arena last week
Two Stormont House students had reason to celebrate after winning events at the National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships.
The competition was held at the Copper Box Arena in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park with over 1,700 youngsters in action.
Stormont House’s DJ Pencile was among those to triumph, coming first in the KS3 Boys (SEN) category.
There was success too for fellow Stormont House student Brett England, who won the KS4 Boys (SEN) competition.
You may also want to watch:
Three Mossbourne Academy pupils also collected medals from the event, including a silver for Meda Laukyte in the Year 13 Girls division.
Bronze medals went to Lucie Bloomberg in the Year Nine Girls category and Robine van Doorn in the Year 12 Girls event.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
The competition was also attended by some very important guests, including three-time Olympic champion Pete Reed, Cambridge University rower Callum Sullivan and Maddy Badcott, who won the Boat Race in 2015 and 2016.