Swimming: Medal success for Hackney Aquatics at London Regional Youth Summer Championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Hackney Aquatics swimming club
There was plenty of medal success for Hackney Aquatics members at the recent London Regional Youth Summer Championships.
Club members combined to win an impressive 15 medals in total as they continue to improve under the guidance of head coach Rick Hall.
Silver medals were collected by 15-year-old Jude Costley (50m backstroke, 100m backstroke); 15-year-old Kai Ogden (200m medley, 400m medley); 15-year-old Ryan McCoy (100m butterfly); 16-year-old Lily Girardet (50m backstroke, 100m backstroke); and 16-year-old Marlow Depeza-Purvis (200m medley, 400m medley).
Bronze medals went the way of Costley (50m butterfly); Ogden (200m backstroke); McCoy (200m butterfly); Girardet (200m backstroke) and Lara Tobias-Tarsh (200m breastroke).
You may also want to watch:
Ilyas Ahmed, Depeza-Purvis, McCoy and Ogden combined to take bronze in the boys’ 4x200m freestyle relay.
Fran Beaumont, Margot Celestine, Kaia Cudmore, Lottie Dahlen all reached finals at the meet, but were unable to medal.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
It was a fine display from all associated with the club who brought their largest ever squad to the meet.