Swimming: Medal success for Hackney Aquatics at London Regional Youth Summer Championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Hackney Aquatics swimming club
There was plenty of medal success for Hackney Aquatics members at the recent London Regional Youth Summer Championships.
Club members combined to win an impressive 15 medals in total as they continue to improve under the guidance of head coach Rick Hall.
Silver medals were collected by 15-year-old Jude Costley (50m backstroke, 100m backstroke); 15-year-old Kai Ogden (200m medley, 400m medley); 15-year-old Ryan McCoy (100m butterfly); 16-year-old Lily Girardet (50m backstroke, 100m backstroke); and 16-year-old Marlow Depeza-Purvis (200m medley, 400m medley).
Bronze medals went the way of Costley (50m butterfly); Ogden (200m backstroke); McCoy (200m butterfly); Girardet (200m backstroke) and Lara Tobias-Tarsh (200m breastroke).
You may also want to watch:
Ilyas Ahmed, Depeza-Purvis, McCoy and Ogden combined to take bronze in the boys’ 4x200m freestyle relay.
Fran Beaumont, Margot Celestine, Kaia Cudmore, Lottie Dahlen all reached finals at the meet, but were unable to medal.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
It was a fine display from all associated with the club who brought their largest ever squad to the meet.