Swimming: Medal success for Hackney Aquatics at London Regional Youth Summer Championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Hackney Aquatics swimming club
There was plenty of medal success for Hackney Aquatics members at the recent London Regional Youth Summer Championships.
Club members combined to win an impressive 15 medals in total as they continue to improve under the guidance of head coach Rick Hall.
Silver medals were collected by 15-year-old Jude Costley (50m backstroke, 100m backstroke); 15-year-old Kai Ogden (200m medley, 400m medley); 15-year-old Ryan McCoy (100m butterfly); 16-year-old Lily Girardet (50m backstroke, 100m backstroke); and 16-year-old Marlow Depeza-Purvis (200m medley, 400m medley).
Bronze medals went the way of Costley (50m butterfly); Ogden (200m backstroke); McCoy (200m butterfly); Girardet (200m backstroke) and Lara Tobias-Tarsh (200m breastroke).
You may also want to watch:
Ilyas Ahmed, Depeza-Purvis, McCoy and Ogden combined to take bronze in the boys’ 4x200m freestyle relay.
Fran Beaumont, Margot Celestine, Kaia Cudmore, Lottie Dahlen all reached finals at the meet, but were unable to medal.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
It was a fine display from all associated with the club who brought their largest ever squad to the meet.