Taylor-Forbes treble takes Clapton Rangers clear at the top
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Clapton Rangers stormed to a three- point lead at the summit of the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division after unleashing a 9-0 thrashing upon Mile End, thanks to Ashley Taylor-Forbes’ hat-trick.
A brace from Maurice Byfield and goals from Ben Gracey, James Smith, Michael Noble and Adeyinka Cole leave Mile End rooted to the foot of the table.
Niva-Unistream move up to third following a 3-3 draw against Mustard FC after Maxs Voloskin netted a brace and D Mikqilovs found the net, while two goals for Jon Green and George Stubbs’ strike levelled the score for Mustard.
Tottenham Phoenix sealed their second win of the season as four strikes from Cary Joseh helped them to a 7-3 win over New Kuba.
In Division One MDM remain top on goal difference following a 4-4 draw, despite Ibby Sal Jnr’s 89th-minute free-kick rescuing a point for Dynamics FC.
You may also want to watch:
Wounded Knee edged out Heegan FC 3-2 with Jason Redi, Tom Parrott and Joshua Ade all on target for Knee.
Elsewhere, Hackney All Stars thrashed Athletico Angels 6-0 thanks to two apiece from Quincy Roberts and Lee Greenaway and one each from Sanchez Daniel and Darrly Marson.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
Goals from Mikey Parker, Ed Wood, Owen Powell, Andy Shaw and Jack Atterton eased City Flyers to a 5-0 victory over Jay Cubed and up to fourth in the Division Two table.
Shoreditch Fire Penguins remain in fifth after Craig Chapman’s brace helped Angel & Crown to a 2-2 draw, while FC Haggerston remain rooted to the foot of the table after goals from Jordan Lyons and Sam Ansrin condemned them to a 6-2 defeat.
Bg United beat Walthamstow Village 3-2 thanks to strikes from Emie Stoyandu, Ivo Stambolis and Zachacia.
David Frost’s hat-trick helped Boroughs United to a 7-0 win over Bocca Albion, while goals in each half from Hendry Swales and Sam Velody helped Top Red to a 2-0 win against previous leaders Boston Celtic.
Regent’s Park Rangers lost 6-3 to Chapel United after Gavin Kealy struck a hat-trick for the victors.
Two goals from Dom Myers contributed to a 5-3 victory for Gladstone Wanderers against Tommy Flynn’s, and Football Club 22 sealed their first win of the season, 10-3 against Maynell FC.
Wojack Sunday remain top of Division Four after securing a 6-3 win over Woodford Rovers, while South London Sharks move into second after a brace from Calum Jones helped them to a 2-1 win over Birbeck Orient B.
Dynamo Gobbler romped to an 8-1 victory over Bethune FC, with Tom Cussen grabbing four, and Renaissance ran out 3-1 winners against Waltham Forest thanks to Jake Messer’s double.