Taylor-Forbes treble takes Clapton Rangers clear at the top
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Clapton Rangers stormed to a three- point lead at the summit of the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division after unleashing a 9-0 thrashing upon Mile End, thanks to Ashley Taylor-Forbes’ hat-trick.
A brace from Maurice Byfield and goals from Ben Gracey, James Smith, Michael Noble and Adeyinka Cole leave Mile End rooted to the foot of the table.
Niva-Unistream move up to third following a 3-3 draw against Mustard FC after Maxs Voloskin netted a brace and D Mikqilovs found the net, while two goals for Jon Green and George Stubbs’ strike levelled the score for Mustard.
Tottenham Phoenix sealed their second win of the season as four strikes from Cary Joseh helped them to a 7-3 win over New Kuba.
In Division One MDM remain top on goal difference following a 4-4 draw, despite Ibby Sal Jnr’s 89th-minute free-kick rescuing a point for Dynamics FC.
You may also want to watch:
Wounded Knee edged out Heegan FC 3-2 with Jason Redi, Tom Parrott and Joshua Ade all on target for Knee.
Elsewhere, Hackney All Stars thrashed Athletico Angels 6-0 thanks to two apiece from Quincy Roberts and Lee Greenaway and one each from Sanchez Daniel and Darrly Marson.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
Goals from Mikey Parker, Ed Wood, Owen Powell, Andy Shaw and Jack Atterton eased City Flyers to a 5-0 victory over Jay Cubed and up to fourth in the Division Two table.
Shoreditch Fire Penguins remain in fifth after Craig Chapman’s brace helped Angel & Crown to a 2-2 draw, while FC Haggerston remain rooted to the foot of the table after goals from Jordan Lyons and Sam Ansrin condemned them to a 6-2 defeat.
Bg United beat Walthamstow Village 3-2 thanks to strikes from Emie Stoyandu, Ivo Stambolis and Zachacia.
David Frost’s hat-trick helped Boroughs United to a 7-0 win over Bocca Albion, while goals in each half from Hendry Swales and Sam Velody helped Top Red to a 2-0 win against previous leaders Boston Celtic.
Regent’s Park Rangers lost 6-3 to Chapel United after Gavin Kealy struck a hat-trick for the victors.
Two goals from Dom Myers contributed to a 5-3 victory for Gladstone Wanderers against Tommy Flynn’s, and Football Club 22 sealed their first win of the season, 10-3 against Maynell FC.
Wojack Sunday remain top of Division Four after securing a 6-3 win over Woodford Rovers, while South London Sharks move into second after a brace from Calum Jones helped them to a 2-1 win over Birbeck Orient B.
Dynamo Gobbler romped to an 8-1 victory over Bethune FC, with Tom Cussen grabbing four, and Renaissance ran out 3-1 winners against Waltham Forest thanks to Jake Messer’s double.