Team G.B. snatch Shoreditch Sharks Tag Rugby title
Gainsborough Primary School team win inaugural rugby competition
Last Friday, Shoreditch Park played host to the first ever Shoreditch Sharks Interschool Tag Rugby Competition.
Throughout February, pupils in years five and six from local primary schools had been given training sessions by Sharks coaches, to prepare themselves for the tournament.
And around 60 students in six teams competed for the title, with the final taking place between Team Boston Manor from Seabright Primary School and Team G.B. from Gainsborough Primary School.
The teams had met in the preliminary rounds, where the fixture ended in a draw, but Team G.B. managed to seal victory in the final minutes, claiming the trophy with a 2-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
Shoreditch Sharks Junior Rugby Club have relaunched their Sunday training sessions. Children aged eight to 14 are welcome to come down to Shoreditch Park every Sunday from 10am to 12pm.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers