Team G.B. snatch Shoreditch Sharks Tag Rugby title
Gainsborough Primary School team win inaugural rugby competition
Last Friday, Shoreditch Park played host to the first ever Shoreditch Sharks Interschool Tag Rugby Competition.
Throughout February, pupils in years five and six from local primary schools had been given training sessions by Sharks coaches, to prepare themselves for the tournament.
And around 60 students in six teams competed for the title, with the final taking place between Team Boston Manor from Seabright Primary School and Team G.B. from Gainsborough Primary School.
The teams had met in the preliminary rounds, where the fixture ended in a draw, but Team G.B. managed to seal victory in the final minutes, claiming the trophy with a 2-1 win.
Shoreditch Sharks Junior Rugby Club have relaunched their Sunday training sessions. Children aged eight to 14 are welcome to come down to Shoreditch Park every Sunday from 10am to 12pm.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 3 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 9 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 10 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack