Team G.B. snatch Shoreditch Sharks Tag Rugby title
Gainsborough Primary School team win inaugural rugby competition
Last Friday, Shoreditch Park played host to the first ever Shoreditch Sharks Interschool Tag Rugby Competition.
Throughout February, pupils in years five and six from local primary schools had been given training sessions by Sharks coaches, to prepare themselves for the tournament.
And around 60 students in six teams competed for the title, with the final taking place between Team Boston Manor from Seabright Primary School and Team G.B. from Gainsborough Primary School.
The teams had met in the preliminary rounds, where the fixture ended in a draw, but Team G.B. managed to seal victory in the final minutes, claiming the trophy with a 2-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
Shoreditch Sharks Junior Rugby Club have relaunched their Sunday training sessions. Children aged eight to 14 are welcome to come down to Shoreditch Park every Sunday from 10am to 12pm.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions