Team G.B. snatch Shoreditch Sharks Tag Rugby title
Gainsborough Primary School team win inaugural rugby competition
Last Friday, Shoreditch Park played host to the first ever Shoreditch Sharks Interschool Tag Rugby Competition.
Throughout February, pupils in years five and six from local primary schools had been given training sessions by Sharks coaches, to prepare themselves for the tournament.
And around 60 students in six teams competed for the title, with the final taking place between Team Boston Manor from Seabright Primary School and Team G.B. from Gainsborough Primary School.
The teams had met in the preliminary rounds, where the fixture ended in a draw, but Team G.B. managed to seal victory in the final minutes, claiming the trophy with a 2-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
Shoreditch Sharks Junior Rugby Club have relaunched their Sunday training sessions. Children aged eight to 14 are welcome to come down to Shoreditch Park every Sunday from 10am to 12pm.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney