Tony Cottee: No excuses, West Ham must beat Blackpool
This weekend’s match is a must-win for the Hammers
There can be no excuses, West Ham must beat Blackpool this Saturday.
Wins have been very hard to come by for the Hammers this season and it is essential we take points off the teams that are likely to finish in or around the relegation zone.
The Tangerines have been excellent away from home and to already pick up three points on the road is quite an achievement for a team new to the Premier League and is why we must be wary of them.
Their approach is to attack, which is why it is vital the defence perform at their best and are not sloppy at the back, like we were at times against Birmingham last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
After some good performances of late when we have deserved to take more from matches than we have I would take three or four horrible 1-0 wins, just to build momentum and move away from the bottom.
It worries my that Marlon Harewood is now at Blackpool and I thought he was tremendous for West Ham.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
He is such a dangerous, powerful player who can be lethal in front of goal and I just hope another former player does not come back to haunt us.
With Liverpool away next Saturday it is vital we pick up a victory at Upton Park this week.
We don’t want to take on Wigan, a must-win game still in the relegation zone or heaven forbid, at the bottom of the table.
For live updates from West Ham v Blackpool this weekend plus all the latest West Ham news, views and analysis follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers