Tottenham make long trip to Sheffield United to make ground on front-runners
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur will make the trip north to take on strugglers Sheffield United on Sunday afternoon.
Spurs will head into the match looking to make ground on the teams above them in the Premier League after they were also due to face London rivals Fulham last night (Wednesday) in a rearranged fixture originally scheduled for December 30, in place of the postponed clash against Aston Villa.
Boss Jose Mourinho did manage to rotate his squad for their 5-0 victory in the FA Cup over non-league side Marine to keep his players fresh for another busy week.
Giovani Lo Celso (hamstring) could miss out and Steven Bergwijn is a doubt (knock), but Mourinho will bring back all of his big guns after they were rested for the Marine tie.
With a congested schedule for most teams in the second half of the season, the Spurs manager said there is no room for manoeuvre, which will leave some teams unhappier than others.
You may also want to watch:
"Look, since the pre-season when I was told that if you have 14 players available, you play football," Mourinho said.
"Since that moment, I thought, we are going to play, we are going to end the season and we are not going to have problem.”
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries