Tottenham face Everton as they chase for European football
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur face yet another vital match as they still chase down a place in Europe when they travel away to Everton.
Spurs will make the trip to Goodison Park tomorrow evening (Friday, 8pm) as they look to bounce back from a 3-1 defeat at home to Manchester United last weekend.
José Mourinho’s men currently sit seventh in the Premier League, just one spot above the Toffees in eighth but having played one more game than their opponents.
They are six points off the top four but just three points off the top six which could land them a spot in the Europa League. The ambition would still be to creep into the top four but that will massively depend on others teams fortunes as they chase down the pack.
Boss Mourinho says the stats make it difficult to argue with pundits' assessment that his side has a soft underbelly after they lost more points from a winning position against Manchester United.
You may also want to watch:
Sky Sports pundits Roy Keane and Jamie Redknapp were locked in a heated debate before United's 3-1 win in north London, with Keane saying Spurs had been "soft for the last 40 years".
"The pundits can say what they want. Many times of course right. Sometimes wrong. That's nature of the job," he said.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney