Tottenham face Everton as they chase for European football
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur face yet another vital match as they still chase down a place in Europe when they travel away to Everton.
Spurs will make the trip to Goodison Park tomorrow evening (Friday, 8pm) as they look to bounce back from a 3-1 defeat at home to Manchester United last weekend.
José Mourinho’s men currently sit seventh in the Premier League, just one spot above the Toffees in eighth but having played one more game than their opponents.
They are six points off the top four but just three points off the top six which could land them a spot in the Europa League. The ambition would still be to creep into the top four but that will massively depend on others teams fortunes as they chase down the pack.
Boss Mourinho says the stats make it difficult to argue with pundits' assessment that his side has a soft underbelly after they lost more points from a winning position against Manchester United.
Sky Sports pundits Roy Keane and Jamie Redknapp were locked in a heated debate before United's 3-1 win in north London, with Keane saying Spurs had been "soft for the last 40 years".
"The pundits can say what they want. Many times of course right. Sometimes wrong. That's nature of the job," he said.
- 1 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 2 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 3 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 4 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 8 First-of-its-kind De Beauvoir event brings women and the police together
- 9 'We're sorry': Hackney Council apologises after pandemic repairs backlog
- 10 Dedicated police team set up for Shoreditch Town Centre