Tottenham prepare for Sheffield United as protest planned
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur will look to put their Carabao Cup final woes behind them as they continue their fight to bag a spot in Europe next season.
Spurs will welcome basement club Sheffield United to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday (7.15pm) as they to get something out of the season.
They currently sit seventh in the Premier League, five points off the top four, and just one point off the top six with five games left to play this campaign.
It will be caretaker manager Ryan Mason’s job to try to steer them into at least the Europa League while they still hope they can chase down the top four although the odds on that happening are looking very slim.
After Sheffield, Spurs will face Leeds United, Wolves, Aston Villa and Leicester City in their remaining fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
In other news, The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust is planning a protest against the club's owners in their final home game of the season against Aston Villa.
The move comes after the fan group called for the club's executive board to resign in the wake of their involvement in the failed European Super League plan, insisting "change is coming".
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift