Tottenham prepare for Sheffield United as protest planned
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur will look to put their Carabao Cup final woes behind them as they continue their fight to bag a spot in Europe next season.
Spurs will welcome basement club Sheffield United to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday (7.15pm) as they to get something out of the season.
They currently sit seventh in the Premier League, five points off the top four, and just one point off the top six with five games left to play this campaign.
It will be caretaker manager Ryan Mason’s job to try to steer them into at least the Europa League while they still hope they can chase down the top four although the odds on that happening are looking very slim.
After Sheffield, Spurs will face Leeds United, Wolves, Aston Villa and Leicester City in their remaining fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
In other news, The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust is planning a protest against the club's owners in their final home game of the season against Aston Villa.
The move comes after the fan group called for the club's executive board to resign in the wake of their involvement in the failed European Super League plan, insisting "change is coming".
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 Boat party organiser pleads guilty to breaking Covid rules during lockdown
- 3 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 4 All Points East: Meet east London artist Olivia Dean
- 5 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 8 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report