Troy’s treble helps Shakespeare see off Tottenham Phoenix
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Troy Deering scored a hat-trick as promoted Shakespeare beat Tottenham Phoenix in a nine-goal thriller in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division.
John Hind and Terry Butler were also on target for Shakespeare, with Tottenham’s Daniel Grant netting twice and Kevin Wakeling and Jerome Anglin one apiece.
Clapton Rangers kept up their good form with a 3-1 win over Niva-Unistream, while Mustard came from behind to get their campaign off to a winning start as they overcame New Kuba 3-2.
Tom McGhee and Greg Moorse netted for Mustard to cancel out Michael Nwosu’s opener and, although Chris Nwosu levelled, George Green’s stunning header sealed the points for Mustard.
Bradley Donavan and Luke Cato both scored twice to secure a 4-2 win for Forest Athletic against Dynamics in Division One, with Ibi Sal and Reshot Balpilli replying for Dynamics.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Cox’s strike was not enough to save Newcresse from a 3-1 defeat at the hands of league leaders MDM, while Highfield defeated Athletico Angels 5-2.
Highfield’s Henri Bruno hit a brace, with Marcus Renford, Eyyubhaw Erdem and Jerome Ingle-Smith also on target. James Brookbank netted both goals for the Angels.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
Adam Severn, Arg Kazarolo, Warren Pond and Curtis Pond scored the goals as FC Grove defeated Birkbeck A 4-2 to replace them at the top of Division Two.
Bailey Morgan registered a hat-trick for Delta Athletic but still finished on the losing side as they went down 6-4 to City Flyers, while Bristow City edged out Walthamstow Village by a single goal.
Shoreditch United held off BG United to win 3-2, with Angel & Crown and Jay Cubed sharing the points in a 2-2 draw. Jason Fixon scored both goals for Cubed, with Robert Townsend and Craig Chapman on the mark for Crown.
Leigh Hartley netted both goals as Division Three leaders Boston Celtics edged out Stratford Athletic 2-1, while Will Sharp’s brace helped to move Regent’s Park Rovers up to second with a 4-3 victory over Bocca Albion.
Wojack Sunday remain top of Division Four after beating Eastway Olympia, while there were also wins for Waltham Forest and South London Sharks.