Troy’s treble helps Shakespeare see off Tottenham Phoenix
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Troy Deering scored a hat-trick as promoted Shakespeare beat Tottenham Phoenix in a nine-goal thriller in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division.
John Hind and Terry Butler were also on target for Shakespeare, with Tottenham’s Daniel Grant netting twice and Kevin Wakeling and Jerome Anglin one apiece.
Clapton Rangers kept up their good form with a 3-1 win over Niva-Unistream, while Mustard came from behind to get their campaign off to a winning start as they overcame New Kuba 3-2.
Tom McGhee and Greg Moorse netted for Mustard to cancel out Michael Nwosu’s opener and, although Chris Nwosu levelled, George Green’s stunning header sealed the points for Mustard.
Bradley Donavan and Luke Cato both scored twice to secure a 4-2 win for Forest Athletic against Dynamics in Division One, with Ibi Sal and Reshot Balpilli replying for Dynamics.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Cox’s strike was not enough to save Newcresse from a 3-1 defeat at the hands of league leaders MDM, while Highfield defeated Athletico Angels 5-2.
Highfield’s Henri Bruno hit a brace, with Marcus Renford, Eyyubhaw Erdem and Jerome Ingle-Smith also on target. James Brookbank netted both goals for the Angels.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Adam Severn, Arg Kazarolo, Warren Pond and Curtis Pond scored the goals as FC Grove defeated Birkbeck A 4-2 to replace them at the top of Division Two.
Bailey Morgan registered a hat-trick for Delta Athletic but still finished on the losing side as they went down 6-4 to City Flyers, while Bristow City edged out Walthamstow Village by a single goal.
Shoreditch United held off BG United to win 3-2, with Angel & Crown and Jay Cubed sharing the points in a 2-2 draw. Jason Fixon scored both goals for Cubed, with Robert Townsend and Craig Chapman on the mark for Crown.
Leigh Hartley netted both goals as Division Three leaders Boston Celtics edged out Stratford Athletic 2-1, while Will Sharp’s brace helped to move Regent’s Park Rovers up to second with a 4-3 victory over Bocca Albion.
Wojack Sunday remain top of Division Four after beating Eastway Olympia, while there were also wins for Waltham Forest and South London Sharks.