Tyrone triumphs at Essex Open Karate Championships
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers excels alongside three club-mates
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers was among the winners at the Essex Open Karate Championships.
Jeffers, a black belt fifth dan, was crowned champion in the veteran’s class and won third place trophies in the men’s under-75kg category and the kata display.
He said: “My team have worked hard in the build up to this. I said we would bring the trophies back home to Hackney and we did.”
Also triumphing for the Queensbridge Sports Centre-based club was Tyrell Weekes Harper in the four feet 10 inches to 5ft 3in grade novice to yellow belt class.
You may also want to watch:
Brown belt Kai Fenton was second in the 5ft 10in and over – grade fifth kyu and above competition.
And purple belt Shade Fenty Bamiduro was champion in the girls fighting 5ft 3in and over grade fifth kyu and above.
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6