Tyrone triumphs at Essex Open Karate Championships
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers excels alongside three club-mates
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers was among the winners at the Essex Open Karate Championships.
Jeffers, a black belt fifth dan, was crowned champion in the veteran’s class and won third place trophies in the men’s under-75kg category and the kata display.
He said: “My team have worked hard in the build up to this. I said we would bring the trophies back home to Hackney and we did.”
Also triumphing for the Queensbridge Sports Centre-based club was Tyrell Weekes Harper in the four feet 10 inches to 5ft 3in grade novice to yellow belt class.
You may also want to watch:
Brown belt Kai Fenton was second in the 5ft 10in and over – grade fifth kyu and above competition.
And purple belt Shade Fenty Bamiduro was champion in the girls fighting 5ft 3in and over grade fifth kyu and above.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea