Tyrone triumphs at Essex Open Karate Championships
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers excels alongside three club-mates
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers was among the winners at the Essex Open Karate Championships.
Jeffers, a black belt fifth dan, was crowned champion in the veteran’s class and won third place trophies in the men’s under-75kg category and the kata display.
He said: “My team have worked hard in the build up to this. I said we would bring the trophies back home to Hackney and we did.”
Also triumphing for the Queensbridge Sports Centre-based club was Tyrell Weekes Harper in the four feet 10 inches to 5ft 3in grade novice to yellow belt class.
You may also want to watch:
Brown belt Kai Fenton was second in the 5ft 10in and over – grade fifth kyu and above competition.
And purple belt Shade Fenty Bamiduro was champion in the girls fighting 5ft 3in and over grade fifth kyu and above.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year