Tyrone triumphs at Essex Open Karate Championships
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers excels alongside three club-mates
Olympic Karate coach Tyrone Jeffers was among the winners at the Essex Open Karate Championships.
Jeffers, a black belt fifth dan, was crowned champion in the veteran’s class and won third place trophies in the men’s under-75kg category and the kata display.
He said: “My team have worked hard in the build up to this. I said we would bring the trophies back home to Hackney and we did.”
Also triumphing for the Queensbridge Sports Centre-based club was Tyrell Weekes Harper in the four feet 10 inches to 5ft 3in grade novice to yellow belt class.
You may also want to watch:
Brown belt Kai Fenton was second in the 5ft 10in and over – grade fifth kyu and above competition.
And purple belt Shade Fenty Bamiduro was champion in the girls fighting 5ft 3in and over grade fifth kyu and above.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington