Unbeaten Homerton boxer to fight at Copper Box Arena in new year
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGS Photo
Homerton super-bantamweight Lucien Reid will box again at the end of January after extending his unbeaten record to three fights against David Leo in Grays.
The 22-year-old recorded his second professional stoppage when Leo failed to come out for the fourth round, with his corner citing a damaged shoulder.
Reid had dominated the contest from the start, forcing his opponent against the ropes and slamming home fast combination punches.
His next assignment will come on January 30, when he boxes on a Matchroom promotion at the Copper Box Arena, Hackney Wick.
Reid told the Gazette: “We had to sell quite a few tickets to get on this show.
You may also want to watch:
“I had not been well all week – I was on antibiotics, but I could not afford to let my fans down by pulling out.”
Lion ABC’s Krishan Singh had to endure a lengthy wait before clinching victory on a Sudbury ABC show in Suffolk.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Singh arrived in time for the afternoon show – only to discover that his contest was listed as 17th on the card and he would not be entering the ring until 9.30pm.
However, the Lion boxer made up for lost time when he finally got to show what he could do, piling on the pressure against Sudbury’s Jake Sumner to seal victory on a unanimous decision.