Underdogs Spring a surprise on Inter
Division Two outfit Springfield caused the biggest shock of the day in the Jubilee Cup second round as they knocked out Premier League leaders Inter Lucia
SPRINGFIELD, from Division Two, caused the biggest shock of the day in the Jubilee Cup second round as they knocked out Premier League leaders Inter Lucia with a 5-3 victory.
Concordia also turned the form book up side down as they demolished in-form E.F.Y 6-1, while East Moore A overcame a fright after trailing Byron Athletic 4-1 at one stage before battling back to secured their place in the next round by winning 6-4.
East Moore's goals came from Shaun Brennand (5) and Ricky Field (1). Despite his five goals, Brennand did not take the man of the match award however - that accolade went to Jesse Mason.
Adriatiku cruised into the next round, thumping East End United 7-1, with East End's consolation coming from Luke Evans.
S.K Veleciku made life difficult for themselves as Gevic Palace gave them a real battle but it was to no avail as S.K eventually ran out 6-4 winners.
Millwall Albion progressed to the next round with a comfortable 5-1 win over Tube Lines. Stoke Newington also went through to the next round as Reama failed to show.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 5 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
In the Premier Division, bottom club Hench pulled off a shock, overcoming Clapton Rangers 1-0, while Beaumont International narrowly lost out to Hackney Downs A 5-3. Athletico Hackney again let a 2-0 half time lead slip, conceding two goals after the break to draw with Crownfield.
In Division One, Hackney Downs B's poor run of form continued as they went down 2-0 against Haggerston Park Lions, with Aaron netting both goals. Holloway, who defeated Queensbridge Rangers 4-2, continue to make steady progress up the table, while White Swan & Cuckoo lost out narrowly to Arbour Athletic by a 3-2 scoreline.
New North Rangers lost to a last minute penalty to William Fitt Tigers who now lead the division by a narrow 5-4 win. Acorn beat William Fitt Lions 3-0 and Besiktas narrowly win against Stratford Juniors 3-2.