Underdogs Spring a surprise on Inter
Division Two outfit Springfield caused the biggest shock of the day in the Jubilee Cup second round as they knocked out Premier League leaders Inter Lucia
SPRINGFIELD, from Division Two, caused the biggest shock of the day in the Jubilee Cup second round as they knocked out Premier League leaders Inter Lucia with a 5-3 victory.
Concordia also turned the form book up side down as they demolished in-form E.F.Y 6-1, while East Moore A overcame a fright after trailing Byron Athletic 4-1 at one stage before battling back to secured their place in the next round by winning 6-4.
East Moore's goals came from Shaun Brennand (5) and Ricky Field (1). Despite his five goals, Brennand did not take the man of the match award however - that accolade went to Jesse Mason.
Adriatiku cruised into the next round, thumping East End United 7-1, with East End's consolation coming from Luke Evans.
You may also want to watch:
S.K Veleciku made life difficult for themselves as Gevic Palace gave them a real battle but it was to no avail as S.K eventually ran out 6-4 winners.
Millwall Albion progressed to the next round with a comfortable 5-1 win over Tube Lines. Stoke Newington also went through to the next round as Reama failed to show.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
In the Premier Division, bottom club Hench pulled off a shock, overcoming Clapton Rangers 1-0, while Beaumont International narrowly lost out to Hackney Downs A 5-3. Athletico Hackney again let a 2-0 half time lead slip, conceding two goals after the break to draw with Crownfield.
In Division One, Hackney Downs B's poor run of form continued as they went down 2-0 against Haggerston Park Lions, with Aaron netting both goals. Holloway, who defeated Queensbridge Rangers 4-2, continue to make steady progress up the table, while White Swan & Cuckoo lost out narrowly to Arbour Athletic by a 3-2 scoreline.
New North Rangers lost to a last minute penalty to William Fitt Tigers who now lead the division by a narrow 5-4 win. Acorn beat William Fitt Lions 3-0 and Besiktas narrowly win against Stratford Juniors 3-2.