Wayne aiming for his fifth win
HACKNEY s Wayne Alwan Arab takes on Nottingham s Matt Scriven in a Micky Hellier dinner show at the Café Royal Piccadilly tonight (October 2). Arab, who has won all four of his professional fights so far, will hope to continue his winning sequence. Previo
HACKNEY's Wayne Alwan Arab takes on Nottingham's Matt Scriven in a Micky Hellier dinner show at the Café Royal Piccadilly tonight (October 2).
Arab, who has won all four of his professional fights so far, will hope to continue his winning sequence. Previously trained by James Cook OBE, the former British and European Super-middleweight champion, Arab will have a new man in his corner tonight in the shape of Babatunde Ajayi, who trains his boxers at the Peacock Gym in Canning Town.
Arab was born in Zimbabwe but now lives in Central Hackney.
Top of the bill is former Repton ABC and Wood Green boxer Courtney Fry, who is his last contest stopped Stoke Newington's Tony Salam. Fry will take on Tottenham's Ayittey Powers.
You may also want to watch:
When with Repton, Fry won a Commonwealth Games Light-heavyweight gold medal in Kuala Lumpar in Malaysia in 1998, and was the only other British boxer to go to the Sydney Olympics with Audley Harrison.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12