West Ham News: Hammers receive double injury blow
Duo ruled out just before kick-off against Blackburn
West Ham suffered a double injury blow before kick-off on Saturday with Valon Behrami and Zavon Hines both forced to withdraw through injury.
The pair were set to play in the starting XI against Blackburn at Ewood Park, with Behrami even named on the teamsheet.
The Swiss midfielder however was injured in the warm up and was replaced by Jonathan Spector.
Hines was also absent and it is believed he has hurt the same knee which kept him out of action for almost a year. Th Jamaican-born striker was set to make his first start since his 11 months out of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“He (Behrami) had a hip problem and Zavon Hines was going to play also, he weren’t good, his knee started to swell up,” boss Avram Grant said after the match.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school