West Ham News: Hammers receive double injury blow
Duo ruled out just before kick-off against Blackburn
West Ham suffered a double injury blow before kick-off on Saturday with Valon Behrami and Zavon Hines both forced to withdraw through injury.
The pair were set to play in the starting XI against Blackburn at Ewood Park, with Behrami even named on the teamsheet.
The Swiss midfielder however was injured in the warm up and was replaced by Jonathan Spector.
Hines was also absent and it is believed he has hurt the same knee which kept him out of action for almost a year. Th Jamaican-born striker was set to make his first start since his 11 months out of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“He (Behrami) had a hip problem and Zavon Hines was going to play also, he weren’t good, his knee started to swell up,” boss Avram Grant said after the match.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors