West Ham News: Hammers receive double injury blow
Duo ruled out just before kick-off against Blackburn
West Ham suffered a double injury blow before kick-off on Saturday with Valon Behrami and Zavon Hines both forced to withdraw through injury.
The pair were set to play in the starting XI against Blackburn at Ewood Park, with Behrami even named on the teamsheet.
The Swiss midfielder however was injured in the warm up and was replaced by Jonathan Spector.
Hines was also absent and it is believed he has hurt the same knee which kept him out of action for almost a year. Th Jamaican-born striker was set to make his first start since his 11 months out of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“He (Behrami) had a hip problem and Zavon Hines was going to play also, he weren’t good, his knee started to swell up,” boss Avram Grant said after the match.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service