West Ham’s Obinna desperate to make up for Carling Cup red card
Obinna regrets kicking out at Larsson
WEST HAM striker Victor Obinna is desperate to make up for his Carling Cup semi-final first leg red card against Birmingham this Sunday.
The Nigerian striker was dismissed for kicking out at Sebastian Larsson and with the Blues coming to Upton Park this Sunday wants to make amends.
“Definitely (I can make up for the sending off). For me that is my objective, to be able to contribute to this squad. I’m here to play, to give my best, to make sure that we win games,” he said.
“It’s not only Birmingham. We have 13 league games to play now, and every game is important for West Ham. Not only Birmingham.
You may also want to watch:
“Any time I’ve been called upon to play, I’ll definitely make sure I give 100 per cent.”
West Ham brought in both Robbie Keane and Demba Ba, who will compete for a starting berth, but Obinna has no fears about his place in the side.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
“I think I’ve proved myself to West Ham. I’ve not been able to score so many goals like everyone wants, ,” he said.
“I have to give more, because there are so many challenges right now.
“We have about six strikers at the moment.
“It’s for the best of West Ham because we are at the bottom of the league, everybody wants us to be where we’re supposed to be, because I think we deserve to be up.
“The most important thing is not about competition. It’s about being together, that’s what I believe. We’ll be together definitely. The sky will be our limit together.
“Any time I’m called on to play, I will definitely give my best.”