West Ham’s Obinna desperate to make up for Carling Cup red card
Obinna regrets kicking out at Larsson
WEST HAM striker Victor Obinna is desperate to make up for his Carling Cup semi-final first leg red card against Birmingham this Sunday.
The Nigerian striker was dismissed for kicking out at Sebastian Larsson and with the Blues coming to Upton Park this Sunday wants to make amends.
“Definitely (I can make up for the sending off). For me that is my objective, to be able to contribute to this squad. I’m here to play, to give my best, to make sure that we win games,” he said.
“It’s not only Birmingham. We have 13 league games to play now, and every game is important for West Ham. Not only Birmingham.
You may also want to watch:
“Any time I’ve been called upon to play, I’ll definitely make sure I give 100 per cent.”
West Ham brought in both Robbie Keane and Demba Ba, who will compete for a starting berth, but Obinna has no fears about his place in the side.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
“I think I’ve proved myself to West Ham. I’ve not been able to score so many goals like everyone wants, ,” he said.
“I have to give more, because there are so many challenges right now.
“We have about six strikers at the moment.
“It’s for the best of West Ham because we are at the bottom of the league, everybody wants us to be where we’re supposed to be, because I think we deserve to be up.
“The most important thing is not about competition. It’s about being together, that’s what I believe. We’ll be together definitely. The sky will be our limit together.
“Any time I’m called on to play, I will definitely give my best.”