West Ham striker Ba claims fitness issues are in the past
Ba wants to do his talking on the pitch
WEST HAM striker Demba Ba is determined to put fitness issues behind him and help keep West Ham in the Premier League.
The 25-year-old Senegalese striker failed a medical at Stoke due to an old knee injury, yet signed for West Ham days later on a three-and-a-half year deal, with a deal thought to be around the �6million mark.
The powerful forward has made an impressive start to his life in the East End smashing an effort against the bar against Birmingham last week with his first touch in English football, before scoring twice last week at West Brom, as West Ham fought back from three goals down to earn a point.
His goalscoring record suggests more is to come.
You may also want to watch:
Ba found the net 37 times in 97 games for German side Hoffenheim and his rip-roaring start to life in east London has quietened talk of his fitness an issue which Ba is hoping stays in the past.
“I have always said from the beginning, the only answer I can give is on the pitch and that is what I did and I will try to do it for the next couple of weeks now,” he said.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
“I am very happy. It has been a while since I played from the beginning of a game.
“I am very tired as well because I didn’t think that I could play for 90 minutes.
“At the moment, I am excited about every game we play.
“It doesn’t matter if it is Liverpool, or West Brom like today (Saturday), we try to do everything to win the game.