Yarde sees title defence pushed back to March
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney light heavyweight Anthony Yarde has seen the defence of his WBO inter-contintental title against Travis Reeves pushed back to March 8.
The 27-year-old was due to defend the strap on a Frank Warren show at the Leicester Arena this Saturday that was also set to feature Hackney-born pair Sam Maxwell and Lyon Woodstock.
With Nicola Adams being forced to postpone her fight against WBO world flyweight champion Arely Mucino at the Royal Albert Hall on March 8, Warren was in need of another bout to fill that card.
The experienced promoter chose to move Yarde’s bout onto his London show, with the Leicester card pushed back to next month.
You may also want to watch:
While Yarde will have to wait a little while longer for his next bout, Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul is booked for action on Saturday.
The 25-year-old is scheduled to face Plymouth’s Chris Adaway on an MTK Global show at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers