Yarde sees title defence pushed back to March
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney light heavyweight Anthony Yarde has seen the defence of his WBO inter-contintental title against Travis Reeves pushed back to March 8.
The 27-year-old was due to defend the strap on a Frank Warren show at the Leicester Arena this Saturday that was also set to feature Hackney-born pair Sam Maxwell and Lyon Woodstock.
With Nicola Adams being forced to postpone her fight against WBO world flyweight champion Arely Mucino at the Royal Albert Hall on March 8, Warren was in need of another bout to fill that card.
The experienced promoter chose to move Yarde’s bout onto his London show, with the Leicester card pushed back to next month.
You may also want to watch:
While Yarde will have to wait a little while longer for his next bout, Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul is booked for action on Saturday.
The 25-year-old is scheduled to face Plymouth’s Chris Adaway on an MTK Global show at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000