Yarde sees title defence pushed back to March
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney light heavyweight Anthony Yarde has seen the defence of his WBO inter-contintental title against Travis Reeves pushed back to March 8.
The 27-year-old was due to defend the strap on a Frank Warren show at the Leicester Arena this Saturday that was also set to feature Hackney-born pair Sam Maxwell and Lyon Woodstock.
With Nicola Adams being forced to postpone her fight against WBO world flyweight champion Arely Mucino at the Royal Albert Hall on March 8, Warren was in need of another bout to fill that card.
The experienced promoter chose to move Yarde’s bout onto his London show, with the Leicester card pushed back to next month.
You may also want to watch:
While Yarde will have to wait a little while longer for his next bout, Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul is booked for action on Saturday.
The 25-year-old is scheduled to face Plymouth’s Chris Adaway on an MTK Global show at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art