Yarde sees title defence pushed back to March
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney light heavyweight Anthony Yarde has seen the defence of his WBO inter-contintental title against Travis Reeves pushed back to March 8.
The 27-year-old was due to defend the strap on a Frank Warren show at the Leicester Arena this Saturday that was also set to feature Hackney-born pair Sam Maxwell and Lyon Woodstock.
With Nicola Adams being forced to postpone her fight against WBO world flyweight champion Arely Mucino at the Royal Albert Hall on March 8, Warren was in need of another bout to fill that card.
The experienced promoter chose to move Yarde’s bout onto his London show, with the Leicester card pushed back to next month.
You may also want to watch:
While Yarde will have to wait a little while longer for his next bout, Hackney super lightweight Siar Ozgul is booked for action on Saturday.
The 25-year-old is scheduled to face Plymouth’s Chris Adaway on an MTK Global show at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 9 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog