Youth Games: Hackney girls reach basketball finals
- Credit: Archant
Squad book trip to Crystal Palace
Hackney’s girls booked their place at the London Youth Games basketball finals with an impressive display at their qualifying event.
Comfortable group wins over Enfield (35-1), Redbridge (31-6), Tower Hamlets (26-3) and Hounslow (19-9) saw them top the pile with maximum points.
And Hackney then saw off Croydon (24-16) in the quarter-finals, leading 12-9 at half time and proving clinical with their free throws, to set up a final fours meeting with Newham at Crystal Palace next month.
Team manager Fe Duhaney-Keown said: “To make it through to the semi-finals feels great.”
You may also want to watch:
Hackney’s boys eased past Camden (32-13) and edged out Greenwich (22-21) in their qualifying group, but went down 10-9 against Southwark and missed out on a quarter-final place, finishing in a share of ninth.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic