Youth Games: Hackney girls reach basketball finals
- Credit: Archant
Squad book trip to Crystal Palace
Hackney’s girls booked their place at the London Youth Games basketball finals with an impressive display at their qualifying event.
Comfortable group wins over Enfield (35-1), Redbridge (31-6), Tower Hamlets (26-3) and Hounslow (19-9) saw them top the pile with maximum points.
And Hackney then saw off Croydon (24-16) in the quarter-finals, leading 12-9 at half time and proving clinical with their free throws, to set up a final fours meeting with Newham at Crystal Palace next month.
Team manager Fe Duhaney-Keown said: “To make it through to the semi-finals feels great.”
You may also want to watch:
Hackney’s boys eased past Camden (32-13) and edged out Greenwich (22-21) in their qualifying group, but went down 10-9 against Southwark and missed out on a quarter-final place, finishing in a share of ninth.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets