Youth Games: Hackney girls reach basketball finals
- Credit: Archant
Squad book trip to Crystal Palace
Hackney’s girls booked their place at the London Youth Games basketball finals with an impressive display at their qualifying event.
Comfortable group wins over Enfield (35-1), Redbridge (31-6), Tower Hamlets (26-3) and Hounslow (19-9) saw them top the pile with maximum points.
And Hackney then saw off Croydon (24-16) in the quarter-finals, leading 12-9 at half time and proving clinical with their free throws, to set up a final fours meeting with Newham at Crystal Palace next month.
Team manager Fe Duhaney-Keown said: “To make it through to the semi-finals feels great.”
You may also want to watch:
Hackney’s boys eased past Camden (32-13) and edged out Greenwich (22-21) in their qualifying group, but went down 10-9 against Southwark and missed out on a quarter-final place, finishing in a share of ninth.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12