Afrikan Boy and TY to headline Rich Mix set
Grime MC Afrikan Boy has come a long way since his track “One day I Went To Lidl” made dents online, amassing more than seven million YouTube hits.
A M.I.A collaboration followed in 2007 and before long he was supporting Prince at his back-to-back O2 shows.
The Nigerian-born MC is coming to Bethnal Green’s Rich Mix next Friday and promises a frenetic set.
Joining him is Mercury Music Prize nominee TY, who has also built up a decent contacts book, having supported De La Soul, Damon Albarn and Estelle.
Having already released four albums, the hip hop star is currently working on the fifth, which will be his first fully independent record.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for The Shrine are �6 and doors open from 8pm.
Go to richmix.org.uk for details.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens