Afrikan Boy and TY to headline Rich Mix set
Grime MC Afrikan Boy has come a long way since his track “One day I Went To Lidl” made dents online, amassing more than seven million YouTube hits.
A M.I.A collaboration followed in 2007 and before long he was supporting Prince at his back-to-back O2 shows.
The Nigerian-born MC is coming to Bethnal Green’s Rich Mix next Friday and promises a frenetic set.
Joining him is Mercury Music Prize nominee TY, who has also built up a decent contacts book, having supported De La Soul, Damon Albarn and Estelle.
Having already released four albums, the hip hop star is currently working on the fifth, which will be his first fully independent record.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for The Shrine are �6 and doors open from 8pm.
Go to richmix.org.uk for details.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan