Afrikan Boy and TY to headline Rich Mix set
Grime MC Afrikan Boy has come a long way since his track “One day I Went To Lidl” made dents online, amassing more than seven million YouTube hits.
A M.I.A collaboration followed in 2007 and before long he was supporting Prince at his back-to-back O2 shows.
The Nigerian-born MC is coming to Bethnal Green’s Rich Mix next Friday and promises a frenetic set.
Joining him is Mercury Music Prize nominee TY, who has also built up a decent contacts book, having supported De La Soul, Damon Albarn and Estelle.
Having already released four albums, the hip hop star is currently working on the fifth, which will be his first fully independent record.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for The Shrine are �6 and doors open from 8pm.
Go to richmix.org.uk for details.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers