Taste-bud takeoff: Air Canada launches Spitalfields pop-up Poutinerie
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A Poutinerie with a difference is serving up twists on the classic Canadian dish in Old Spitalfields Market.
In its classic form, the Canadian favourite combines crispy chips topped with delicious cheese curd and a rich gravy.
But Air Canada’s pop-up is showcasing the “#CoolNotCold” destinations the airline flies to around the world.
A Hawaiian Loco Moco Poutine Poke sees seared salmon, boiled egg, scallion, crispy pineapple and sesame ginger miso mayo piled on top of the fries, while a vegan option - Cancun’s Mayan Enchilada – has sweet potato chips, corn chips, red enchilada sauce and avocado and coriander dressing.
Visitors have a chance to win two Air Canada flights every day with any Poutine purchase.
You may also want to watch:
The Poutinerie by Air Canada at Old Spitalfields Market, off Commercial Street, is open until Sunday.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown