Taste-bud takeoff: Air Canada launches Spitalfields pop-up Poutinerie
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A Poutinerie with a difference is serving up twists on the classic Canadian dish in Old Spitalfields Market.
In its classic form, the Canadian favourite combines crispy chips topped with delicious cheese curd and a rich gravy.
But Air Canada’s pop-up is showcasing the “#CoolNotCold” destinations the airline flies to around the world.
A Hawaiian Loco Moco Poutine Poke sees seared salmon, boiled egg, scallion, crispy pineapple and sesame ginger miso mayo piled on top of the fries, while a vegan option - Cancun’s Mayan Enchilada – has sweet potato chips, corn chips, red enchilada sauce and avocado and coriander dressing.
Visitors have a chance to win two Air Canada flights every day with any Poutine purchase.
You may also want to watch:
The Poutinerie by Air Canada at Old Spitalfields Market, off Commercial Street, is open until Sunday.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding