Taste-bud takeoff: Air Canada launches Spitalfields pop-up Poutinerie
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A Poutinerie with a difference is serving up twists on the classic Canadian dish in Old Spitalfields Market.
In its classic form, the Canadian favourite combines crispy chips topped with delicious cheese curd and a rich gravy.
But Air Canada’s pop-up is showcasing the “#CoolNotCold” destinations the airline flies to around the world.
A Hawaiian Loco Moco Poutine Poke sees seared salmon, boiled egg, scallion, crispy pineapple and sesame ginger miso mayo piled on top of the fries, while a vegan option - Cancun’s Mayan Enchilada – has sweet potato chips, corn chips, red enchilada sauce and avocado and coriander dressing.
Visitors have a chance to win two Air Canada flights every day with any Poutine purchase.
You may also want to watch:
The Poutinerie by Air Canada at Old Spitalfields Market, off Commercial Street, is open until Sunday.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney