All Points East 2019: Bring Me The Horizon announced as fourth headliner
- Credit: Archant
Sheffield rock band Bring Me The Horizon have today been announced as a headline act for All Points East 2019.
With their sixth studio album, Amo, set to drop in January, BMTH have also been entrusted with the responsibility of curating the rest of the line-up ahead of their performance on Friday May 31.
Frontman Oli Sykes said: “We are excited to be headlining our first festival in the iconic Victoria Park.
“It’s a privilege to be in the company of headliners like Bon Iver and Chemical Brothers and we are hoping to blow fans away with our carefully curated day of really special artists.”
Formed in 2004, BMTH have grown to become a hugely significant band with arena shows at the Royal Albert Hall, Alexandra Palace and The O2 under their belt. Their appearance at All Points East will be the band’s only headline UK show of 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Selected acts that will share the stage with BMTH on May 31 include Run The Jewels, Nothing But Thieves, IDLES and Scarlxrd.
This latest announcement of performers comes 24 hours after Christine and the Queens were confirmed to play at the festival on Sunday May 26. The Chemical Brothers and Bon Iver were revealed as a further two showpiece performers in November, with many more acts yet to be announced.
An exclusive pre-sale for Hackney Gazette readers who live in Hackney or Tower Hamlets – the two boroughs that border the park – will go live on Thursday at 9am. Go to axs.com/gazette and enter the password APEGAZETTE when prompted.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
Regular tickets go on sale the following day.