All Points East 2019: Bring Me The Horizon announced as fourth headliner
- Credit: Archant
Sheffield rock band Bring Me The Horizon have today been announced as a headline act for All Points East 2019.
With their sixth studio album, Amo, set to drop in January, BMTH have also been entrusted with the responsibility of curating the rest of the line-up ahead of their performance on Friday May 31.
Frontman Oli Sykes said: “We are excited to be headlining our first festival in the iconic Victoria Park.
“It’s a privilege to be in the company of headliners like Bon Iver and Chemical Brothers and we are hoping to blow fans away with our carefully curated day of really special artists.”
Formed in 2004, BMTH have grown to become a hugely significant band with arena shows at the Royal Albert Hall, Alexandra Palace and The O2 under their belt. Their appearance at All Points East will be the band’s only headline UK show of 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Selected acts that will share the stage with BMTH on May 31 include Run The Jewels, Nothing But Thieves, IDLES and Scarlxrd.
This latest announcement of performers comes 24 hours after Christine and the Queens were confirmed to play at the festival on Sunday May 26. The Chemical Brothers and Bon Iver were revealed as a further two showpiece performers in November, with many more acts yet to be announced.
An exclusive pre-sale for Hackney Gazette readers who live in Hackney or Tower Hamlets – the two boroughs that border the park – will go live on Thursday at 9am. Go to axs.com/gazette and enter the password APEGAZETTE when prompted.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
Regular tickets go on sale the following day.