All Points East 2019: Christine and the Queens, Metronomy and Maribou State latest acts to be announced
- Credit: Archant
Christine and the Queens has been announced as the latest headliner of All Points East 2019.
The French pop-singer – who achieved international success with her debut album Chaleur Humaine in 2016 – will bring the festival’s first weekend of music to a close when she takes centre stage on Sunday, May 26.
After her breakthrough record sold 1.3 million copies and reached number two on the UK album charts, Christine and the Queens (otherwise known as 30 year-old Héloïse Letissier) returned with her boundary-pushing second album, titled Chris, this September.
Letissier is the third headline act to be announced by the burgeoning music festival, after sets from The Chemical Brothers (May 24) and Bon Iver (June 2) were confirmed last month. The fourth headline act of the 10-day festival is set to be announced at 9am on Wednesday.
Indie favourites Metronomy and electro duo Maribou State will also appear on May 26, with the former set to release new music in 2019.
All Points East 2019 follows the success of the inaugural event earlier this summer. The festival is made up of two weekends of live music with a programme of free, community-focused entertainment taking place on the weekdays in between.
You may also want to watch:
Other acts due to perform on May 26 include Beach House, HONNE, Kurt Vile and the Violators and Toro Y Moi.
An exclusive pre-sale for Hackney Gazette readers who live in Hackney or Tower Hamlets – the two boroughs that border the park – will go live on Thursday at 9am. Go to axs.com/gazette and enter the password APEGAZETTE when prompted.
Regular tickets go on sale the following day.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 3 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers