BAND IN THE CHAPEL
Dirty Pretty Things are playing one of their farewell gigs on Thursday in Lower Clapton s Round Chapel...
Dirty Pretty Things are playing one of their farewell gigs on Thursday in Lower Clapton's Round Chapel.
The four-piece, who announced they were splitting up in October, are headlining a charity fundraiser at the venue in Lower Clapton Road ahead of their swansong at the Astoria 2 in central London on Saturday, December 20.
The band were due to play the Real Fits Foundation concert on June 20, but the gig was postponed after frontman Carl Barat was taken to hospital with stomach pains.
The foundation promotes the work of journalists from under-represented backgrounds
You may also want to watch:
Joining them are Billy Bragg, whose Jail Guitar Doors initiative will see the musicians spend the day in Brixton prison before the concert to foster interest in the arts among inmates.
Also on the bill are Reverend and the Makers' Jon McClure, members of Babyshambles and Arctic Monkeys and the Archie Bronson Outfit.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing