BAND IN THE CHAPEL
Dirty Pretty Things are playing one of their farewell gigs on Thursday in Lower Clapton s Round Chapel...
Dirty Pretty Things are playing one of their farewell gigs on Thursday in Lower Clapton's Round Chapel.
The four-piece, who announced they were splitting up in October, are headlining a charity fundraiser at the venue in Lower Clapton Road ahead of their swansong at the Astoria 2 in central London on Saturday, December 20.
The band were due to play the Real Fits Foundation concert on June 20, but the gig was postponed after frontman Carl Barat was taken to hospital with stomach pains.
The foundation promotes the work of journalists from under-represented backgrounds
You may also want to watch:
Joining them are Billy Bragg, whose Jail Guitar Doors initiative will see the musicians spend the day in Brixton prison before the concert to foster interest in the arts among inmates.
Also on the bill are Reverend and the Makers' Jon McClure, members of Babyshambles and Arctic Monkeys and the Archie Bronson Outfit.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets