Bavarian Beerhouse calls for Hasselhoff lookalikes
A Bavarian restaurant chain is on the watch for David Hasselhoff lookalikes to attend two ‘Hoff Parties’ in April.
The Bavarian Beerhouse is hosting the parties at its two East End bars in celebration of the former Baywatch actor, now 58.
But staying true to its theme, bar staff will be kitted out in tradition Bavarian dress.
Andrea Krug, a spokesperson for the Beerhouse, said: “This is an authentic German chain, and it’s fair to say David Hasselhoff is better known in Germany than he is in the UK.
“He sang when the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. There is a running joke in Germany that his singing was what brought the wall down.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests at the Hoff Parties are invited to dress in any Hoff outfit of their choice.
The events will take place on Friday April 8 at 8pm at Bavarian Beerhouse Old Street, and on Saturday April 9 at Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work