Bavarian Beerhouse calls for Hasselhoff lookalikes
A Bavarian restaurant chain is on the watch for David Hasselhoff lookalikes to attend two ‘Hoff Parties’ in April.
The Bavarian Beerhouse is hosting the parties at its two East End bars in celebration of the former Baywatch actor, now 58.
But staying true to its theme, bar staff will be kitted out in tradition Bavarian dress.
Andrea Krug, a spokesperson for the Beerhouse, said: “This is an authentic German chain, and it’s fair to say David Hasselhoff is better known in Germany than he is in the UK.
“He sang when the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. There is a running joke in Germany that his singing was what brought the wall down.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests at the Hoff Parties are invited to dress in any Hoff outfit of their choice.
The events will take place on Friday April 8 at 8pm at Bavarian Beerhouse Old Street, and on Saturday April 9 at Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack