Travelling music festival to cross Hackney over long weekend
- Credit: Beavertown Brewery
A travelling music festival will be making its way across Hackney this bank holiday weekend, bringing "epic tunes and summer vibes" to parks across the borough.
London's Beavertown Brewery, based in Tottenham Hale, is organising Ride and Rave festival, which kicks off on Saturday.
The mobile festival starts in London Fields and stops at various locations throughout the day, including Broadway Market's Cat and Mutton, Shoreditch Park, Hoxton Square and Truman Brewery.
It will then make its way down south with a final stop in Clapham Common.
A spokesperson for the festival said: "After a year without festivals, live music and parties, there’s no denying we’re all desperate to get into that summer spirit and let loose with our mates in the sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
"Luckily Beavertown Brewery is on hand to help."
Headlining Ride and Rave is Dom Whiting, who recently rigged his DJ mixer onto his bicycle and started playing high energy DJ sets in Oxford, Bristol and Harrow.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney student's urine project could see her crowned UK Young Scientist of the Year
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 7 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 8 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 9 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
His DJ bike set will include a selection of house, disco and 90's dance tracks. Dom will also be taking requests.
Ride and Wave festival will take place on May 29 from 1-5pm.
For live updates as to the festival's whereabouts visit Beavertown Brewery's Instagram @BeavertownBeer and #rideandrave.