New opening: Blacklock launch third chophouse in former Victorian warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Booking a table for Sunday lunch at Blacklock in Soho is about as easy as landing tickets for Glastonbury.
Such is the chophouse’s reputation for damn fine meat that diners can face a two-month waiting list to get in, but all that has changed with the opening of a new restaurant – the group’s third – on Rivington Street.
Blacklock heads east after the roaring success of its Soho and City hangouts, setting up shop inside the Victorian warehouse formerly home to Rivington Grill.
Here you’ll find a 95-cover restaurant that promises high quality meats sourced from Cornwall and cooked over charcoal. In a departure from the traditional Blacklock set-up, this Shoreditch venue is above ground (the other two are basement locations) and features its own dedicated bar space.
Blacklock’s bar – which has room for 30 seated guests – includes drinks conjured up by NYC cocktail bar Slowly Shirley, with wines and beers to boot. Cocktails start from £5 and with Yorkshire puddings, Welsh rarebit nuggets and lamb scratchings on offer, the bar food menu is a cut above your standard pub nibbles.
You may also want to watch:
Founder Gordon Ker, who was a lawyer before he opened his first Blacklock venue in 2015, said: “We’re really excited to bring Blacklock to Shoreditch in such an iconic east London spot.
“The building is a former warehouse that is full of character and right up our street so we jumped at the chance.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
“We’ve wanted to focus on the bar and food that goes well after a few drinks for a while, but have never had the space. With Shoreditch it felt like the right time.”
The latest high-profile opening for east London launched last Monday (October 8), with the menu featuring the usual chops and sides – as well as cheesecake for pudding. You can choose between beef, lamb and pork for Sunday lunch or go all in with all three for £20.
If you are keen to check out what all the fuss is about and like the idea of a free round of drinks to get you started, diners can get just that if they book before November and quote #BlacklockForLifeNotJustSoftLaunch.
Blacklock Shoreditch is now open at 30 Rivington Street, EC2A 3DZ. Click here for more details.