New opening: Blacklock launch third chophouse in former Victorian warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Booking a table for Sunday lunch at Blacklock in Soho is about as easy as landing tickets for Glastonbury.
Such is the chophouse’s reputation for damn fine meat that diners can face a two-month waiting list to get in, but all that has changed with the opening of a new restaurant – the group’s third – on Rivington Street.
Blacklock heads east after the roaring success of its Soho and City hangouts, setting up shop inside the Victorian warehouse formerly home to Rivington Grill.
Here you’ll find a 95-cover restaurant that promises high quality meats sourced from Cornwall and cooked over charcoal. In a departure from the traditional Blacklock set-up, this Shoreditch venue is above ground (the other two are basement locations) and features its own dedicated bar space.
Blacklock’s bar – which has room for 30 seated guests – includes drinks conjured up by NYC cocktail bar Slowly Shirley, with wines and beers to boot. Cocktails start from £5 and with Yorkshire puddings, Welsh rarebit nuggets and lamb scratchings on offer, the bar food menu is a cut above your standard pub nibbles.
You may also want to watch:
Founder Gordon Ker, who was a lawyer before he opened his first Blacklock venue in 2015, said: “We’re really excited to bring Blacklock to Shoreditch in such an iconic east London spot.
“The building is a former warehouse that is full of character and right up our street so we jumped at the chance.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
“We’ve wanted to focus on the bar and food that goes well after a few drinks for a while, but have never had the space. With Shoreditch it felt like the right time.”
The latest high-profile opening for east London launched last Monday (October 8), with the menu featuring the usual chops and sides – as well as cheesecake for pudding. You can choose between beef, lamb and pork for Sunday lunch or go all in with all three for £20.
If you are keen to check out what all the fuss is about and like the idea of a free round of drinks to get you started, diners can get just that if they book before November and quote #BlacklockForLifeNotJustSoftLaunch.
Blacklock Shoreditch is now open at 30 Rivington Street, EC2A 3DZ. Click here for more details.