Botswanan choir dazzles audience
A CHOIR from Botswana dazzled a huge audience St John-at-Hackney last Friday (8 October).
The Sedibeng Choral Society also inspired community choir Hackney Singers in Lower Clapton Road, with traditional African music dancing and drumming.
“The Hackney Singers were truly inspired to reach another level tonight by the Sedibeng Choral Society”, said Mark Shanahan, Hackney Singers Musical Director.
“To see the way they were inspired when they sang - especially during the encore - was just fantastic”.
The Sedibeng Choral Society journeyed to Hackney as part of their first tour outside of Botswana and for many, it was their first trip outside south African country.
You may also want to watch:
More than 600 people watched the choir, who were followed by local group, Hackney Singers.
Hackney Singers Rep�titeur, Andrew Storey, put in an impressive performance on the organ, keeping pace with the fast rhythms and complex arrangements.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 8 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 9 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
Mr Storey called the performance a “triumph” and “one of the best in the 20 years that I have been doing this”.