Breathtaking Traces at Sadler’s Wells Peacock Theatre
Modern circus showing at Sadler’s Wells
Slapstick comedy, breath-taking spectacle and awe-inspiring acrobatics – the traditional circus elements are all there in Traces, now showing at Sadler’s Wells Peacock Theatre.
But drum and base rhythms, skateboards and pole dancing deliver a twist on the traditional genre.
The four men and one woman who make up French-Canadian company Les 7 Doigts de la Main (The 7 Fingers) introduce themselves one-by-one, and we are drawn into their real lives through film clips, narration and music.
Perhaps what the likeable crew do best as a team are the dynamic flow of interweaving dances to hip-hop, blues or rock ‘n’roll music, using skateboards, chairs or balls as props.
You may also want to watch:
The pole manoeuvres, where some members of the cast plunge upside-down down the ten metre pole, stopping just centimetres before paralysis, is guaranteed to make your heart jump into your mouth.
Interesting use is made of film footage, using live film from above projected on the wall - exposing the patterns of movement they make while lying on the floor.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
This pioneering brand of circus is sure to be a hit with all your family, and even my two-year old loved it.
The thrill-a-minute show leaves you longing to join the circus - what fun these guys must have in rehearsals.
Traces runs until Saturday October 30 at the Sadler’s Wells Peacock Theatre, Portugal Street, Holborn.
Performances run from Tuesday until Saturday at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm and performance on Sunday at 4pm.
Tickets which are priced from �10 to �38, are half price for children.
To book call 0844 412 4322 or visit www.sadlerswells.com