Brunch at Oslo, Hackney starts your day with a kick
- Credit: Archant
The Nordic Cure brunch at Oslo contains chorizo, bacon, grilled peppers, eggs, halloumi, beans and a waffle
My eyes are always bigger than my stomach, especially the morning after a few drinks (very rare, of course). I go for a full English, full American, full anything really and just end up a full woman with sausages still left on my plate.
But I was only marginally defeated by Oslo’s Nordic Cure brunch. With two poached eggs, chorizo, bacon, halloumi, avocado, griller peppers and homemade baked beans on top of a waffle, this is not to be undertaken lightly. We meat eaters normally miss out on halloumi as the prize of a vegetarian’s plate, so there was no option of my turning down this opportunity.
I’m glad I went with it – the welcome addition of chorizo and the chilli kick from the homemade beans gives a bit of variation from the usual brunch staples. There were just a few bites left on the plate, but only for lack of perseverance on my part - no reflection on the quality of food, which was delicious.
Enjoy with a Bloody Mary or two. Irresistible.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition