Brunch at Oslo, Hackney starts your day with a kick
- Credit: Archant
The Nordic Cure brunch at Oslo contains chorizo, bacon, grilled peppers, eggs, halloumi, beans and a waffle
My eyes are always bigger than my stomach, especially the morning after a few drinks (very rare, of course). I go for a full English, full American, full anything really and just end up a full woman with sausages still left on my plate.
But I was only marginally defeated by Oslo’s Nordic Cure brunch. With two poached eggs, chorizo, bacon, halloumi, avocado, griller peppers and homemade baked beans on top of a waffle, this is not to be undertaken lightly. We meat eaters normally miss out on halloumi as the prize of a vegetarian’s plate, so there was no option of my turning down this opportunity.
I’m glad I went with it – the welcome addition of chorizo and the chilli kick from the homemade beans gives a bit of variation from the usual brunch staples. There were just a few bites left on the plate, but only for lack of perseverance on my part - no reflection on the quality of food, which was delicious.
Enjoy with a Bloody Mary or two. Irresistible.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing