Brunch at Oslo, Hackney starts your day with a kick
- Credit: Archant
The Nordic Cure brunch at Oslo contains chorizo, bacon, grilled peppers, eggs, halloumi, beans and a waffle
My eyes are always bigger than my stomach, especially the morning after a few drinks (very rare, of course). I go for a full English, full American, full anything really and just end up a full woman with sausages still left on my plate.
But I was only marginally defeated by Oslo’s Nordic Cure brunch. With two poached eggs, chorizo, bacon, halloumi, avocado, griller peppers and homemade baked beans on top of a waffle, this is not to be undertaken lightly. We meat eaters normally miss out on halloumi as the prize of a vegetarian’s plate, so there was no option of my turning down this opportunity.
I’m glad I went with it – the welcome addition of chorizo and the chilli kick from the homemade beans gives a bit of variation from the usual brunch staples. There were just a few bites left on the plate, but only for lack of perseverance on my part - no reflection on the quality of food, which was delicious.
Enjoy with a Bloody Mary or two. Irresistible.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Days left to register to vote in May elections