Brunch at Oslo, Hackney starts your day with a kick
- Credit: Archant
The Nordic Cure brunch at Oslo contains chorizo, bacon, grilled peppers, eggs, halloumi, beans and a waffle
My eyes are always bigger than my stomach, especially the morning after a few drinks (very rare, of course). I go for a full English, full American, full anything really and just end up a full woman with sausages still left on my plate.
But I was only marginally defeated by Oslo’s Nordic Cure brunch. With two poached eggs, chorizo, bacon, halloumi, avocado, griller peppers and homemade baked beans on top of a waffle, this is not to be undertaken lightly. We meat eaters normally miss out on halloumi as the prize of a vegetarian’s plate, so there was no option of my turning down this opportunity.
I’m glad I went with it – the welcome addition of chorizo and the chilli kick from the homemade beans gives a bit of variation from the usual brunch staples. There were just a few bites left on the plate, but only for lack of perseverance on my part - no reflection on the quality of food, which was delicious.
Enjoy with a Bloody Mary or two. Irresistible.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 5 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 6 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 7 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions