Burger & Beyond choose Shoreditch for first permanent restaurant
- Credit: Archant
The street food specialists bring an expanded menu and cocktails to their slick new digs on the High Street.
Burger & Beyond are home to some of the most towering, juicy, gluttonous patties on the circuit – as the above photos clearly demonstrate.
After three years as street food specialists – where they operated at KERB, Street Feast and Camden Assembly – these guys have taken the decision to open their first permanent restaurant, which officially opens on Monday (December 3) at 147 Shoreditch High Street.
Unsurprisingly, the monstrous burgers that have been such a hit with the street food crowd once again take centre stage here. Signature patty, the Bacon Butter Burger, is a 60-day aged beef burger with double American cheese, crispy pancetta bacon and burnt butter mayo piled on, while other options include the Krispie Fried Chicken and the Mushroom Raclette Burger.
The first Burger & Beyond restaurant also offers ‘drinking snacks’ and small plates including lamb nuggets, shaved rib cap and mushrooms, cured egg yolk & lardo on toast.
You may also want to watch:
All of this can be enjoyed in a cool new space fitted out by designers Run For The Hills, with plenty of modern black, raw steel metals and a basement filled with ‘snug cushioned caves’ and the glow of red neon lights.
Burger & Beyond’s first restaurant also gives them an opportunity to show that they’re serious about the drinks, too.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
At the bar there will be cocktails like the Almond Old Fashioned, Rhubarb Margarita and Last Word (gin, maraschino, chartreuse, lime), alongside craft beers and a wine list showcasing independent producers.
Burger & Beyond, 147 Shoreditch High Street, E1 6JE; check out their website here.