Burger & Beyond choose Shoreditch for first permanent restaurant
- Credit: Archant
The street food specialists bring an expanded menu and cocktails to their slick new digs on the High Street.
Burger & Beyond are home to some of the most towering, juicy, gluttonous patties on the circuit – as the above photos clearly demonstrate.
After three years as street food specialists – where they operated at KERB, Street Feast and Camden Assembly – these guys have taken the decision to open their first permanent restaurant, which officially opens on Monday (December 3) at 147 Shoreditch High Street.
Unsurprisingly, the monstrous burgers that have been such a hit with the street food crowd once again take centre stage here. Signature patty, the Bacon Butter Burger, is a 60-day aged beef burger with double American cheese, crispy pancetta bacon and burnt butter mayo piled on, while other options include the Krispie Fried Chicken and the Mushroom Raclette Burger.
The first Burger & Beyond restaurant also offers ‘drinking snacks’ and small plates including lamb nuggets, shaved rib cap and mushrooms, cured egg yolk & lardo on toast.
You may also want to watch:
All of this can be enjoyed in a cool new space fitted out by designers Run For The Hills, with plenty of modern black, raw steel metals and a basement filled with ‘snug cushioned caves’ and the glow of red neon lights.
Burger & Beyond’s first restaurant also gives them an opportunity to show that they’re serious about the drinks, too.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
At the bar there will be cocktails like the Almond Old Fashioned, Rhubarb Margarita and Last Word (gin, maraschino, chartreuse, lime), alongside craft beers and a wine list showcasing independent producers.
Burger & Beyond, 147 Shoreditch High Street, E1 6JE; check out their website here.