Burger of the Month at Blues Kitchen
- Credit: Archant
The Blues Kitchen in Shoreditch has a new burger of the month: the Crab Louie. Wash it down with live music every night of the week
There are only so many things you can do with burgers, right? Bun, meat, salad, sauce…wrong!
The Blues Kitchen in Shoreditch believes there are so many options that they’ve got a different burger every month.
October’s was Rick and Morty themed, which I have never watched despite recommendations from numerous sources, so didn’t understand any of the references my friend was making while devouring his with relish.
Unfortunately my biological aversion to sesame seeds didn’t allow me to sample the burger, which is why I needed to take along an expert, but it did give me the excuse to try out the ribs, which were juicy and tender, slathered with barbecue sauce and far too big for me to defeat on my own…though I did a very good job of it.
You may also want to watch:
On Mondays, which is rib night (a very good deal of a rack of slow cooked beef or pork for £10), the place is packed and I’d recommend booking a table in advance to avoid having to queue.
A couple of drinks at the bar is also a small price to pay.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
This month’s burger doesn’t require any prior pop culture knowledge or research (though I did need to do a little Googling).
The Crab Louie (£14.95) is based on a salad recipe dating back to early 1900s West Coast America (there’s the research). It sandwiches a marrow and brisket patty, crab cake, crispy pancetta, remoulade, slaw and pickled chilli in a bun.
To wash it all down, there’s live music every night of the week. This Monday November 13, British blues artist Big Joe Louis will accompany you while you eat.
The Blues Kitchen in Shoreditch, 134-146 Curtain Rd, Shoreditch, EC2A 3AR. 12pm-12am Mon-Weds, 12pm-1am Thurs, 12pm-2:30am Fri, 11am-3am Sat, 11am-10:30pm Sun.