Burlesque show is all ‘good, clean fun’
The ensemble of dancers and entertainers, including two very bendy boys, leads the tipsy audience on a whistle-stop tour of burlesque cabaret through the ages, starting with 1920’s flappers and ending up in the present day.
Sultry songstress and compere Coco Dubois holds the whole evening together with her ready wit and glamorous costume changes.
Things hot up as the evening progresses, although the obligatory fan dance is about as racy as it gets, and by the time we get to the 1980’s the whole audience is whooping and singing along to Madonna.
Belly laughs come from the pint-sized, potty-mouthed ballerina “Katinka”, also known as Abi Collins, who ropes unsuspecting male members of the audience into her traffic cone Swan Lake act and ends up perched precariously on top of their shoulders in the splits.
Decades is not exactly at the cutting edge of London’s burlesque scene but it’s all good, clean fun.
You may also want to watch:
Decades is on at Proud Cabaret, Mark Lane, the City until Saturday, November 26. Tickets for the show cost �15 on Wednesdays and Thursdays and �20 on Fridays and Saturdays from www.proudcabaret.com or 020 7283 1940.
A full experience with a three course supperclub dinner costs �54.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 8 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 9 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan