Burlesque show is all ‘good, clean fun’
The ensemble of dancers and entertainers, including two very bendy boys, leads the tipsy audience on a whistle-stop tour of burlesque cabaret through the ages, starting with 1920’s flappers and ending up in the present day.
Sultry songstress and compere Coco Dubois holds the whole evening together with her ready wit and glamorous costume changes.
Things hot up as the evening progresses, although the obligatory fan dance is about as racy as it gets, and by the time we get to the 1980’s the whole audience is whooping and singing along to Madonna.
Belly laughs come from the pint-sized, potty-mouthed ballerina “Katinka”, also known as Abi Collins, who ropes unsuspecting male members of the audience into her traffic cone Swan Lake act and ends up perched precariously on top of their shoulders in the splits.
Decades is not exactly at the cutting edge of London’s burlesque scene but it’s all good, clean fun.
You may also want to watch:
Decades is on at Proud Cabaret, Mark Lane, the City until Saturday, November 26. Tickets for the show cost �15 on Wednesdays and Thursdays and �20 on Fridays and Saturdays from www.proudcabaret.com or 020 7283 1940.
A full experience with a three course supperclub dinner costs �54.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer